Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I wanted to see what you'd do, and you didn't disappoint.....

It was SUPPOSED to be a public holiday for me today. And I decided to go into the office to get some work done. I was the only person from my department working today. It was peaceful, quiet. I managed to do what I intended, but not enough. Still, it was a productive day.

On the way home, I experienced something which I haven't in a long time. Rush hour traffic! It took exactly 1 hour to get back to 1Utama from Cyberjaya this evening.

After dinner, I thought I could kick back and relax a little. Surf the web a little, then I checked out on of the forums and found these scans:





Impressive. Looks damn good. A little nosebleed there. I can live with that.

There has been talk about a Hot Toys Joker Version 2. In this case, its the Bank Robber Joker from the opening scene of "The Dark Knight". It looks like he comes with the machine gun and pistol he uses in the movie. Plus, 2 IMPROVED headscuplts! It looks so much better!

A few minutes later, I decided to check out a Hong Kong Toy Forum, and almost had a brain aneurysm when I saw these!







Holy shit! Hot Toys have hit the jackpot! Don't you dare tell me that's not Heath Ledger in 1/6th form there!

Now, let's re-cap:

Version 1 (which I have not received yet by the way):


Good

Version 2 - Bank Robber Joker


BEST!!!!!

The level of detail and Heath Ledger's likeness is insane!

Y'know, Hot Toys are schemers..... releasing v1 with the iconic Joker costume, with a good (but generic) headsculpt. Then releasing a v2 with a superior, spot-on likeness of Heath Ledger.

This v2 Bank Robber version is scheduled for a December 2008 release. I'm screwed.

No comments: