Monday, September 01, 2008

Know your limits, Master Wayne.....


Batman.....has.....no limits


I just had to :p


But, in all seriousness, I found myself being pushed to my limits.
31st August 2008 marks Malaysia's 51st year of Independence and Freedom. 31st August 2008 also marks the date that I lose my freedom. I had to work on both Saturday, 30th Aug AND Sunday 31st August.

It looks like a 6-day working week will be the norm if I want to get my stuff finished. I found extra hours ie. going early, leaving late isn't really as productive. We'll see what happens as I start the 6:00 pm - 3:00 am shift today.


The bus had to stop at Summit to pickup more people, and it arrived a few minutes early. The driver got off for a smoke, and I got off to take some photos - they were having a VW Car Show there.









The focus on the yellow Beetles were intentional, it was Bumblebee from the 80's Transformers cartoon series.

It was mainly the Beetles displayed there but there were also the VW vans. The name eludes me now, but I always have the word "hippie van" stuck in my mind when I think of these.



I don't know why, but I had the urge to get a couple of Rocky snacks while doing my work yesterday.



It's been awhile since I had these, chocolate coated biscuit/pretzel sticks. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate - like the Cornetto Royale Black Forest ice cream cone from WALLS.



Chocolate and vanilla ice cream with a jam center with chocolate bits on the top.



Caught the 5:15 pm bus that leaves the office. And since I didn't have proper lunch, decided to get something to eat. I had this urge to have Lagsane at Dave's Deli.

It's been so long since I've been to Dave's Deli, months, probably even a year or more!
The layout and concept at the 1Utama branch has been changed. They used to have pretty dim, lighting giving the place a cozy feel. I don't know if there are other branches remaining but 1Utama is the only place I've seen Dave's Deli as far as I can remember.

They've seemed to have added on a lot more dishes to their menu. A lot more than what they used to offer.
I saw this sign on the wall, and it was very striking.





I went for the Lagsane and Strawberry Lassi. They don't have the Orange Lassi that I used to order but they've got a few other flavours which I didn't feel like ordering.

The Lassi now comes in a much taller glass and I think the price is still the same, RM 6.50. They used to serve these in their paper cups which was the size of Medium Sized McD's cup. Now, they blend the ice, when in the past, they just popped about 4 - 5 ice cubes into the cup.









Dave's Deli has a 100% Satisfaction Gurantee policy. If you're unsatisfied with any of the meals, you can return it for a full refund (I think that's what the sign said but I can't remember now). The catch is, it has to be 3/4 left on the plate for the refund.

The verdict, the Lassi tasted very strongly of the puree they used. Kinda like the topping they use for the McD Strawberry Sundae. The Lagsane, tastes different from what it used to. Not saying that its bad, but I think it used to taste better. Or maybe it was my tastebuds that were stressed out from all that extra work over the weekend.

I finished everything, so I didn't make use of the refund.
Besides, would "doesn't taste the same as last time" be a valid reason?

I've already put in my pre-order for the Joker v2 @ Bank Robber Joker. Looks bloody good.



It's due to be released in December 2008, but Rey seems to get his stuff a little later than the other stores like XL Shop. I don't mind waiting as long as Rey gives me freebies or a good price which he does most of the time.







I really thought I was looking at stills from the movie when I first saw the scans.

Yulli has done some impressive work. Who's Yulli?


Yulli (seated on far right)

She's a cutie too. I think they said she's Korean. She has a blog, but I can't read a word of it. Lots of nice photos of her sculpts and work though.








Those are real skills!

An excerpt of "The Dark Knight" news:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Batman's rich alter-ego Bruce Wayne has added half a billion dollars to his riches. "The Dark Knight" on Sunday became the second movie in Hollywood history to top $500 million at the domestic box office, raising its total to $502.4 million, according to estimates from distributor Warner Bros.

The film hit that mark in just over six weeks, half the time it took "Titanic," which reached $500 million in a little more than three months. "Titanic," the biggest modern blockbuster, remains No. 1 on the domestic charts with $600.8 million.

Despite its brisk pace, "The Dark Knight" is not expected to approach the total for "Titanic," which put up smaller numbers week after week but lingered at the top of the box office for months.

Dan Fellman, head of distribution at Warner Bros., said he expects "The Dark Knight" to finish at about $530 million, though it could reach $550 million if business persists as strongly as it has.

Source: Yahoo! News

I want "The Dark Knight" on Blu-Ray!


No comments: