Tuesday, May 24, 2011

And here we go.....

Finally, some news about the 3rd (and final?) installment of the Christopher Nolan "Batman Trilogy" - The Dark Knight Rises (TDKR).

This post is way behind time. Initially, I had wanted to post this but I just didn't find the time to.

Now, I can't even remember which was the first piece of news about TDKR. But I believe, it was Tom Hardy as Bane. Then it was Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle @ Catwoman.




Anne Hathaway - my oh my .....



I believe everyone would at least have an idea who Catwoman is.



So, what was the big deal with Bane?


IGN screencap

Well, for those who are not comic-geeks like me, Bane was the guy who.....





Yup - broke Batman's spine. And left Batman/Bruce Wayne crippled (for sometime) in the comics.

We've actually seen Bane once on the big screen in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin.





That movie is without a shadow of a doubt, THE MOST HATED Batman movie-ever. Some fan go as far as to even deny its existence.

Once again, the Marketing Team at Warner Bros. had some fancy ideas. Apparently, the official website was launched with nothing but a looping chant (I personally wouldn't have known what it said but it's kind of creepy). Some so-called genius(es) apparently decided robust some audio-software to listen to the audio file and found the following Twitter hashtag.

#TheFireRises

I'm not a tweeter and won't pretend to know what I'm talking about but accessing/following that hashtag adds the tweeter's profile picture to a large mosaic on the official site.

http://thedarkknightrises.warnerbros.com/

Ideally, the giant jigsaw puzzle would reveal the image over time, but someone managed to extract the final image and it was a photo of.....

Tom Hardy as Bane!



Yeah, that's right - Christopher Nolan is all about realism.

I won't deny that I'm super pumped (heh, geddit?) for this movie! Can't wait for 20th July 2012!

And then, the Hot Toys figures that come after ..... my oh my .....

No comments: