Sunday, November 17, 2002

------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: Monday - 18th November 2002
Time: 12:03 am
Listening to: Ja Rule (feat. Ashanti & Murder Inc.) - Down With You
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating this regularly seems to be at the bottom of my list of "to dos" lately. It's not that I don't want to. Sometimes I think its better to leave it till there's something worth writing about. Where should I start?

Yesterday has got to be one of the most exciting days in recent memory. I've bought my very first DVD. It was the "Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring" 4-disc Extended Version which cost me about $ 60 at Borders Bookstore in Chadstone. It was sort of an impulse buy but then as usual, I couldn't pass by a good deal. It had an original price of $ 80.95. DT, KE, her friend and myself were at Chadstone to actually watch "Red Dragon" which wasn't too bad a movie I suppose.

This is what the 4-disc set that I bought actually looks like:



I guess the highlight is the extra 30 minutes of unseen footage not found in the cinema or the 2-disc version that came out a few months ago. I was speaking to the cashier asking about the "Collectors Edition" set which had SOLD OUT! It was selling for $ 149.95. Which supposedly comes with a 5th disc and a pair of "Statues of Argonath" bookends. The "Collectors Edition" package is pictured below:



And its contents:



I didn't actually see the "Collector's Edition" at Borders last night, only saw it today at Sanity in Camberwell when I went out with Chris, Boon, Tom and Sam. From the looks of it, there seem to be collector's trading cards as well! Of course, the picture is from US review so the Region 4 version might have different contents.

Discovered something interesting today. It turns out that Chris is either bisexual or gay. I've heard people talking about it before so I've been suspecting but today, he finally uttered some statements which just proved my suspicions correct. Personally, I don't feel anything different, he's still the same Chris that I know, he's still the same friend. How did it all come about? Talking about cars actually. Then one thing led to another and voila~, the cat's out of the bag.

Another revelation, Tom and Sam have also said that they think Katherine Hope has a boyfriend. Bugger. Oh well - such is life.

Just got back from Safeway to get abit of groceries. Went all the way to St. Kilda beach to actually have fish and chips at a restaurant on the jetty. We left at about 8 pm and by the time we got there, the restaurant was closed. We finally settled at a place called "Leo's" after walking past a row of restaurants. Had a rib-eye fillet, potato soup and garlic bread as appetizers. It was a very filling meal, but nothing special about it.

I finally know who the fuck Jonathan Devine is. Yes, Jonathan Devine is Jonno. I saw Chris getting his details down into Samantha's address book this afternoon and finally found out. Why can't they just stick to their normal given names? Jonathan become Jonno, Jeremy becomes Jezza...I mean...what the fuck?! Anyway, we stopped by Jonno's house a while this afternoon, somewhere in Balwyn North if my geography is correct. Why did we go to Jonno's house? Because Chris "likes" Jonno. How do I know? I heard Chris asking Sam "Does he just like me as a friend or does he like me as a boyfriend?". Oooooooookay.

Anyway, back to the house. It was a nice, huge double storey house. There was a pool. There was an entertainment/living room next to it with the large screen TV with the usual VCR and DVD system. I noticed a PSone. There was also a pool table there. His room was rectangle in shape. The whole house was carpetted as far as I could tell. I'd estimate about 10 rooms in that house, at least.

It's really weird how these people act though. For example, Jonno seems to talk loudly when he's with his friends but when speaking to his mother, he becomes timid as a mouse. We were on the look-out for his parents who were not in because it seems that his mother would be pissed if she saw us there. It's as though they don't welcome guests, or their children's guests I should say. Even Chris is like that, I've suggested a few times before we hang out at his place to play games on his new AUS $ 10,000 Plasma flat-screen tv but the excuse he always gives "Parents are in.". Hrmmm...just makes me wonder.

I've finally bought this, last weekend and have been spending a fair bit of time with the Playstation 2:



Can say I haven't regretted it since it was kind of an impulse buy. It's got the music score from the movie, it just feels good listening to the music while playing it as well. Good stuff! "Lord Of The Rings" mania will be upon us once again. I've seen the reprints of the novels with new convers yet again. Flipped through the movie guide book and seen all the nice pictures from the movies as well.

Also got confirmation that this will be arriving sometime during the coming week or next week at the latest. Had to order it from New Zealand because the Australian version was supposedly going to be censored/edited and delayed as well. Thought I could get it alot earlier, but I guess the full version is better than the edited version.



And next week, I can say at long last, "Finally....The Rock has come back to the Playstation 2!".



Yes, this is another game I just can't wait to get my hands on. The latest instalment of the WWE Smackdown series. It's supposedly a major improvement over the previous game. It's all good I say. I should be getting this next weekend.

The fellas at work have planned another social outing. We're probably going to Crown to watch a movie. Chris said he'd come pick me up after work so that I could join them. I guess I'll have to give lunch at Smorgy's a miss this time. That's where we were supposed to go during the Melbourne Cup Day but went to Food Star instead.

Still haven't had the time to sign up for a new phone plan. I might need to bring more documentation to assist in the application. Pay slips might be required. Might do it during the weekday if I have the time.

Finally, last but not least, I've also booked my flight ticket back to Malaysia. Yes, I'm going HOME. I have my ticket reserved on the 18th of January 2003. I'd probably stay back in Malaysia between 1 1/2 to 2 months depending on what I can negotiate with Ben.

I guess this is it for tonight. It's time for bed.

No comments: