Tuesday, November 26, 2002

------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: Tuesday - 26th November 2002
Time: 10:44 pm
Listening to: Boyz II Men - Human II (Don't Turn Your Back On Me)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, its been awhile since I updated this. Dei and Dap have been asking why. I said I just didn't have the time but they think otherwise. They think I've been busy with my new "toy".



They think I've been busy with this as well.



Which is kind of true I guess. Been occupied lately with other things that updating this blog was not a primary concern of mine.

I guess I've been waiting until things happen before I update, that would be a more interesting read, wouldn't it? Let's start with my new phone.

I've finally gotten it, went to the shop the other day with DT to sign the new contract. I thought everything was fine, was I wrong. The following day, I'm told that there has been some problems and that the credit card has been declined. OK. That explained why the phone line is still not connected to this day. What doesn't make sense is that the same credit card was used to purchase my plane ticket on the afternoon, the day after I was told the transaction was declined. Hopefully that gets fixed up ASAP.

More problems again this morning. Yes, MORE. I rushed down to the city, mainly to get to Medibank so that I could cancel my Overseas Visitor Cover which costs me about $ 145 each month. I've decided to switch over to a cover for Residents but the benefits for claims on medication don't pay as much as the OS Visitor cover. The thing is I have to pay about $ 30 monthly now. Which is a fraction of what I used to pay. What's the problem? $ 30 is the price with government rebates and to be eligible for that, I have to get a Medicare card number. I thought I could get my Medicare application done and over with this morning but that's where the problems occured. DIMA has not supplied Medicare with my details (proof that I got my PR status). I was told by the lady that they normally give DIMA a month to supply the information and if it does not show up in the system, chances are it won't be on the system. And because of that, I was requested to show proof that I am a PR of Australia and I need a whole shitload of documents. The ones I have now are not enough and I need more documentation that supports my claims that I am a PR of Australia now, documents like contract of house or property rented/purchased or utility bills like telephone, electric and water bills.

The only thing I can do now is wait until I can obtain more documents like that, hope that the Medicare database is updated soon.

To make things worse, it started raining heavily when I reached Medibank along Bourke Street. Almost thought I had to call in and tell them I would be late/not coming to work. As soon as I got home, DT told me that someone from work called and I was supposed to call back. Ben asked if I could start earlier. Nothing wrong with that since starting earlier meant finishing earlier as well. Managed to come home and get some rest before watching abit of tv right until 10:30 pm. Yes, it is Wrestling night tonight and RAW was on.

What? I'm supposed to go on about my new phone? I guess it has to be seen and "played" around with because its hard to explain. The most obvious thing one would notice is that the sound quality of the phone is different. It's alot better. Also there's the colour screen and the animated screen used as the backgrounds. The only complaint I have about the phone so far is the lag when entering names or typing out SMS. There just seems to be a lag. For example if I want to type the word "cannot" I have to wait for about 2 or 3 seconds before I can type in the second "N". I found the easiest way is to press the "space" button after each letter, but that seems abit absurd!

I'm also waiting for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in the mail from New Zealand.



Some people in Victoria, further away from Melbourne have already gotten theirs but there are some of us in Melbourne or the inner city suburbs who have not. Personally, I'm not that concerned about other people, although their feedback on the forum is good so that I know when to expect mine. Just that some of those bastards gloat about getting the game already. Shit, I hope its not lost in the mail or anything like that.

Let's see, what else has been happening the past couple of weeks. Chris, Boon, Tom, Marlene and myself went out last Friday. We were supposed to go for a movie. I was expecting more people to come along. In the end, we had something to eat at Automatic Cafe/Bistro at Crown Complex while Marlene disappeared off somewhere for awhile. I had some really nice sausages and mash. Anyway, turns out Boon and Chris (or one of them) wanted to play arcade games at Galactic Circus. I mean what the fuck? Marlene was as bored as hell already and I've mentioned it before we went that it wasn't financially economical to spend the whole day playing arcade games. In the end, Tom drove Marlene home before dropping me off.

Something I've noticed about Boon - he's like sheep. He does whatever Chris does but he seems to be a hypocrite because I heard him talking bad about Chris from someone else today. I bet he is hanging out with Chris because he has a nice car. I bet if I had a Skyline GT-R or an Impreza WRX, he'd stick to me like glue as well. As Andrew said, he's like a shadow. Someone to look out for.

Marlene's promised to take me out to play pool when she gets her car back. She had an accident a few weeks back and hasn't been driving since. She was also the one who said she would get me pissed drunk. Hmmmm...

Sam came back to work on Monday evening. She asked me if I got her message on my mobile phone. Of course not! My line's not connected. She kept me in suspense, making me wonder what sort of message she sent me. She said she would tell me when it wasn't as busy. At the end, she told me her message contained the name of the person she liked. What an anti-climax! The last time we went out she was asking questions like "do you like anyone from work?" etc. She also mentioned that the new girl Stephanie was single. Ah...Steph...where do I begin? She's about my height. And the thing is, she's 15 year old I think! Anyways....

The "Christmas" gathering will be held on the 17th of December. I haven't written my name down yet but it seems that those who have not written their name down will be rostered to work. Maybe I should put my name down. Abit of fun should be good. The plan is to go karting or laser shooting. Or both.

Well that's about the updates for the last 2 weeks. Until the next one.....

Looking at the calender, I've just realised its a full month to go before this movie starts screening. Can't bloody wait! If I remember correctly, this was the first poster which was released.



This is the second official poster, which looks better I suppose.




This one looks really good.



Come December 26th, just can't wait for this movie!

No comments: