Thursday, September 16, 2004

Spirits, ghosts or muscle spasms.....?

So I went to visit the doctor yesterday. Thanks to HSBC's ING coverage. It didn't cost me a thing.

So the doctor told me that it was due to muscle spasms. Asked if I had underwent operations before, had any fractures.. I told him it happened after I injured myself at the gym last year and the pain was coming back once in awhile.

He assured me there was nothing to worry about. He said it could be mild arthritis. Cold environment is a contributing factor as well. Still he said there was nothing to worry about when I told him that it hurts when I attempt to stand when I get these "cramps". He said it was no big issue, just muscle spasms. OK doc, you're the one who had at least 7 years of studies for your Medical Degree. I guess I should listen to you.

So we have 2 versions of the story now, one a Supernatural one, if you choose to believe, and the other is more medically,scientific theory. I'll just wait awhile and see how things go. I'm becoming a spastic. It's not a very nice feeling. I wonder how many people actually experienced something like this before.

I feel like I'm back to 90 - 95%. I guess its back to work tonight as I only managed to get 1 day off. Have these stretchable bandages that restrict movements on my calves now. I should've paid more to get the adjustable one because these L-sized ones are a wee bit small for my thighs. Spent Rm 10.90 for a pair only to find I might need the other one for a better fit.

Here's something worth a laugh. Some of you know I'm working for a US-based company hence I support US clients. I've come across some pretty amusing last names (or surnames if you're into British English). I swear these are the names we pull up on our computer systems.

- Pretty On Top
- Below ( customer was called Tanya D Below )
- Kills Warrior

I've also heard there was one sounds something like "Hairy Balls". That one I haven't seen before but I heard it sounds like that.

There also town names that are interesting. I've had someone calling from Zion (Matrix anyone?). Also had one the other day from Hawaii which sounds like a chinese cuss word, Makaikai.

The rest of it eludes me at the moment. Must be the medication I'm under. I think its time to take a nap. Back to work tonight.

No comments: