Sunday, October 17, 2004

This is the Customer Service Supervisor.....


It was a crazy last day of the week. AMO VJ selected 2 other girls (Jassintha and Fazlin) and myself to take on the role of AMO/Supervisor. I was taken off the phone after lunch to walk to floor until it was time to go home. I was to take escalated calls from the other reps when customers wanted to speak to a Supervisor or Manager. It was scary - I didn't know what to expect, my palms started to get sweaty. It was a big responsibility. It didn't help that the rest of my friends kept teasing. According to Jassintha, VJ wanted selected people to take turns.

I was lucky for the first 2 or 3 calls because just as I was about to pick up the call, the customer had already hung up - tired of waiting I reckon. After that, I had 5 calls in total - one of them I had to escalate to VJ because the customer was an unco-operative old hag. What a bitch!

I noticed that some customers sound different when talking to a Supervisor. Maybe I was lucky that day and didn't get any demanding calls. Being a rep myself, some customers just want reassurance from someone with authority and power. Just like the first call I took - the rep told her the same exact thing that I told her - only that she'd only listen to me now - that I was the "supervisor". I have to admit - having the power and authority was kinda fun. We get no such mercy when we're just reps as far as I can tell. Of course there are those who scream, shout and curse especially when it involves money.

I hope they'll pick someone else tomorrow. It's a good experience but somehow I wasn't really mentally prepared to take on the responsibility on Friday. It was last minute after all. There's that phrase "With great power comes great responsibility". Very true. But if this is an indication of things to come - it could be a test or evaluation. Who knows.....?

Again I've spent on unnecessary items this weekend. Another stash of DVDs to add to the collection I have now. I was actually looking for the "Star Wars Trilogy" boxed set but it was sold out again. Then I found some other movies that are hard to find and grabbed those as well. So what I got were:

a) Star Wars Trilogy - 4 discs without the fancy packaging

b) James Bond: Die Another Day - I have yet to watch this Bond movie

c) Face/Off - This one's really hard to find

d) Only The Strong - old action movie about Capoiera, hard to find as well

e) Resident Evil - Milla Jovovich, I'm a fan of the game - made sense to me

f) Tears Of The Sun - Another movie I haven't seen. Didn't work on the XBOX but ok on the DVD player. No need to exchange this now

g) Ong Bak - A Thai-action movie that's supposedly good for the stunts and action, which I have yet to see as well

h) New Police Story - The latest Jackie Chan movie but it's in freaking Mandarin. Gotta get this exchanged. Mandarin just doesn't work for me. I thought I could change the language. No such luck

Bargained for a discount but it was buy 10 get 1 free. Looks like I need to take a drive out tonight to get an exchange. The "Smallville" Season 1 and 2 box-set looks really tempting but they're gonna set me back RM 70 per set. It's going to be a killer. I might put that thought on hold for a while.

SW cancelled our meeting on Friday. Said she couldn't make it this weekend. I told it was ok and we'll make it another time. I didn't want to ask too much.

I guess a boring way to spend the weekend - with old movies. Watched Star Wars "Episode IV: A New Hope" and "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" back to back last night. Finished "Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi" today. Gotta think of something to replace "New Police Story" with.

And another weekend gone by.....

No comments: