Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tremors.....


For the first time in my life, I felt what earthquake tremors are like. It was a little past 12:20am. I was already at work.

Something didn't feel right. It was like I was feeling dizzy, disoriented - but it couldn't be. I felt the ground shaking beneath me. It went on continiously for about 30 seconds or so. I'm not sure, I didn't keep track but it seemed like a long time.

All around me, people were standing up - some with surprised or shocked faces. I looked around and K wanted confirmation that I felt it too. I said yes - then I told her "I think there's an earthquake somewhere". We were evacuated. For 30 minutes, we were standing in the parking lot of the office. We were all excited - many of us, a first feeling tremors or earthquake after-shocks.We saw a cop car and fire-engine racing past. We wondered what happened but we never found out.

We were then told to go back to work after that - damn! We all thought we could go home early last night. No matter - I've got the day off.

After a few hours, everything was back to normal. They checked CNN and got news that a 8.7 scale earthquake had hit again. Another one, we thought. We were on standby, advised to evacuate again if more tremors were felt.

The Promotion.....

MO Sharmini came over, wanted to tell me something but I signalled that I was on the phone. AMO VJ pulled me aside later to have a meeting to me. He asked me if I wanted the bad news first or the good news first.

He said there was no bad news - only good ones. He told me effective 4th April 2005, I'd be on the floor as a Lead GSE/Supervisor. He congratulated me, then went on with his usual encouragement. I'll be having my "masters certification" for the next couple of days when I go back to work to be a "Certified-Lead GSE". G and D will be doing the training and I've got 3 days to brush up!

After that, e-mails were sent out to all the AMOs. AMO Aru came over to shake my hand, saying that I deserved it. AMO VJ came over as well later. Now, gimme a fat paycheck and I'll be much, much happier. Not to mention more appreciative.

More PSP Madness.....

Today, my first step to the darkside begins. I bought the 100% Unofficial PSP magazine. What next?

No comments: