Monday, March 28, 2005

Tying up loose ends.....


PF asked me why I haven't updated my blog for so long the other day. I told her I was busy, which was in a way true. The work hours are a killer. Sometimes, I choose sleep over entertainment.....how sad. And all the things that have been going on.


I wanted to send ZT an sms the other day ask her why she was ignoring me. It would have been in the lines of this:

"Why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? ....."

Something tells me I sort of know the answer to that. But I really don't think I deserve this. Finally, I didn't even send the message. "Why bother?" I was thinking.

GW told me - "Failure is not a dead end, its a detour". I'll try to remember that. Honestly never knew she reads so much before this.

Looks like the loose ends are still hanging.....

The Move.....

Yes, we'll be moving again. I think it'll be about the 10th time in my entire life. Here's the list of places we've been staying at before:

#1 - Subang Jaya
#2 - Kampung Tunku
#3 - Johor Bharu
#4 - Ampang
#5 - Damansara Utama
#6 - Damansara Jaya
#7 - Taman Mayang Jaya
#8 - Bandar Country Homes, Rawang
#9 - Melbourne, Australia (though this really doesn't count)
#10 - Kelana Jaya

Did I miss anything out? So its pack, pack, pack. Plans are to move out before the end of April, within the next couple of weeks if necessary. I've got to go to sign the tenancy agreement one of these days. Got to try to transfer the Streamyx account if possible. So much to do, so little time.

Had a talk with dad the other day and was expressing my intention to sell the Honda Civic and perhaps getting an older model with lower monthly repayments. I feel the strain of having to pay RM 800 a month for car installments, which has turned into a family car - yet I don't get the convenience of owning the car. I still have to waste 4 hours a day waiting for the company transport. I still have to pay the daily RM 7 taxi fees when I need to get home after work. I thought I was paying for convenience.

Then I thought about it and decided to keep the car. Its a gorgeous car and I know I'll regret if I sell it off for something else.

The Offer.....

VJ spoke to me the other day and asked me if I was interested to be a Lead. A promotion of sorts. The catch is that it isn't an actual post within the organization - and they'll have to make requests for an increment and/or an allowance. Basically, a Lead will be drawing the same pay as a normal rep, but with added burdens and responsibilities. The management is aware of this and wants to reward us appropriately.

There have been so many promises that haven't been delivered. The talks about banding are finally materializing. The first time we heard about this was back in Oct 2004. They're supposedly to adjust our paycheck based on our jobs and responsibilities. HR Dept are supposed to give us briefing and letters this week.

In another 2 months, it'll be 1 year working at this place. The longest job I ever had, out of the 3 jobs I've had thus far. I've been so close to throwing in the towel. Things didn't seem to be going anywhere - all the broken promises didn't help matters. This new offer will stir things up abit. It might just prolong the inevitable. It's an opportunity to polish up my resume so I'll take whatever I can get now.

For a second time, a customer wanted to speak to a supervisor to commend me. This is all going into my personal files, which is good.

I can see some jealousy amongst some of my peers. They joke about it - but they're just masking their true feelings. Everyone wants to look good in the eyes of their bosses, don't they?

SONY PSP.....

It's out. It's finally out. The thing is, the games that I plan to get are not available yet. I've bumped this gadget from my "want to have but not necessary" list to my "want to have but useful" list. I've just had another slow Saturday shift. I really need something to kill time.

Plus if I'm going to hang on to this job, travelling time takes up 4 hours of my non-working day so its something "useful" to own. Plus if I get this, I can strike off the iPod from my "Wish List". And I've heard its quite a chick-magnet as well. A guy who've got the Japanese unit had girls coming up asking him if it was a handphone. Apparently there was some lady who gave him a business card too. Well, wouldn't that be an experiment to try out. Seeing is believing.

I think I've got to check with Jason to see how much I can it for. He's quoted a price of RM 1365 that comes with the SpiderMan 2 movie on UMD. Maybe I can get a "regular customer" price. It's time to dust off those credit cards soon I think.

No comments: