Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm back.....

After a short hiatus, I'm back. After the drama that happened a few weeks back, I think I've finally recovered from it. Not just me, but the entire household.

But then again, it must've been all the stress built up that I fell sick a couple of days ago and I'm nursing a flu at the moment.

Not only did I have to contend with going back to work, there was a change in sleeping habits as well that I could not adjust to, even if it was for just a couple of days. I think it was more than my body could handle. Add to the fact that I had my 2006 Performance Review/Appraisal last week as well! Phew.....

My Secret Santa gift:



It's raining outside as I'm typing this. Heavily. The recent floods in Johor didn't really seem all that serious to me while reading the papers and looking at the photographs. Not until I saw some photos forwarded to me, did the severity of it hit me. These were pictures of the flood in Kota Tinggi, Johor. During the first flood that hit.






A standard door way is about 7 to 8-feet in height. From the pictures, I could see that the floor waters have risen to almost the top of the door way.



And in the 2nd picture above, I can only assume that those are single-storey houses.

I must admit that I don't go grocery shopping as much as I did when I was back in Melbourne. I had to get some things today after my haircut. While wandering around the aisles, lost, I came across this, right at the bottom of the shelf. I knew I had to take a snap of it.



NUTELLA IS THE BEST!


I think this is the biggest jar of Nutella in production, the 750 gm jar. I don't believe there's anything bigger than this. I was tempted to get it, but we still have some left.

What a whopper! And of all places that I found it, the small, old Giant Supermarket in Kelana Jaya.

More new chocolate, I still think Hershey's Milk Chocolate tastes a little weird.



Hershey's Sticks - Mint Milk Chocolate

My toys are falling to pieces! I found some cracks on a rubber toy. Sure, I paid only RM 2 for this figure but still, seeing something like this is scary. Don't want anything like this happening to my more expensive toys.

I suspect its the pose that I've had him in (a few weeks or even months) but maybe it was exposed to the elements.


Kurt Angle giving Bravestarr the German Suplex



The rubber that's cracking at the elbows and some other joints

A few more forwards to share which I found "interesting".



This was titled "Queen of the Blondes". Notice how she's peering into the digicam the WRONG way! Reminds me of that other photo I've seen of the girl wearing a motorcycle helmet backwards.



No title for this one but very creative tailoring.



An ad for Google. Both letter "O"s have been replaced by Pamela Anderson's ..... well, by Pamela Anderson!

And finally, one of the best bits of news I've heard in awhile. I've heard of this being possible when I was still in Melbourne. Which was fantastic news - except I didn't really benefit from it I believe.

PUTRAJAYA: Handphone users will soon be able to switch network providers without changing their phone numbers.

Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Seri Dr Lim Keng Yaik said the Mobile Number Portability (MNP), first proposed three years ago, would be implemented by June.

MNP allows cellular service subscribers to switch network providers without the need to change their handphone numbers.

Dr Lim said the implementation would be managed by an “independent third party”.

The implementation needed the support of the telecommunications companies.

“If one of them does not cooperate, this whole scheme will be jeopardised,” Dr Lim said at his ministry's monthly meeting on Friday.

“Those who do not cooperate will be penalised,” he warned, adding that the penalty was still being discussed.

MNP was proposed by the Government in 2004 and scheduled to be in use by 2005. Implementation was delayed as more research was needed.

Datuk Dr Halim Shafie, head of the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, announced last year that the telcos – Maxis Communications Bhd, DiGi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd and Celcom Bhd – were receptive to MNP.

I foresee myself switching over to MAXIS if DiGi doesn't buck up. Having reception upstairs in my house but fluctuating signal downstairs in unacceptable! And not having reception in places like Fraser's Hill and Genting Highlands the last time I was there!

DiGi, you've got about 6 months to get it straightened out. 6 months. The clock is ticking.

Strange isn't it? That I'm starting to voice out more on Current Affairs and news. Well, here's what I think. I'll voice out if they're relevant to ME. Otherwise, go read the papers or watch the news!

I have to go pay my credit card bills now.....

No comments: