Saturday, January 27, 2007

How was your weekend?

Somehow , someone will always ask this when I go back to work on Mondays. The standard reply to that would be "Too short". Which isn't far from the truth.

I think the perfect weekend would be 3 days long. Time to start using up those annual leave I have I reckon.


Just the other day, I was thinking to myself "ZOMFG, its already end of January 2007!". Unbelieavable. I'm expecting some good news in February, hopefully it will exceed my expectations! We're supposed to be getting our confirmation on our bonus, increment and salary adjustments based on our Performance Review for 2006. Hopefully more "Angpow" money for me then!


A colleague was robbed of her phone while boarding a bus to come to work. She felt someone grabbing on to her leg, while his accomplice actually reached into her front jeans pocket and stole her phone. She didn't realize her phone was gone until she reached into her pocket to get change for the bus ticket.

Poor girl. It was a new phone and she's only paid 2 instalments for it!


Seeing as its close to Chinese New Year now, I'd like to urge everyone to be extra careful, especially with your handbags and purses. These bastards will strike as they might probably figure everyone will have lots of cash around for "angpows" etc.


This is the 2nd time I bought a bar of Cadbury and found that its double wrapped. Is this their new packaging?



Double-foil Layer
KL text-ed me the other day if I bought anything from a particular shop in MidValley before. I have never heard of that place before. After some "interrogation", he told me that he got himself the Nintendo Wii, for about RM 2000, without any games.



Nintendo Wii

Lucky bugger. Good on him, I mean =D

I told him that if you have the Nintendo Wii, the game that you must get is Legend of Zelda: The Twillight Princess. But he's not a RPG-fan (role playing game). I wanted this for the Nintendo GameCube that I have. I wonder if I'll ever get around to buying this.

He asked me if I was thinking of getting one (a Wii) as well. Honestly, I thought I had lost interest in gaming. There are so many games that I bought that I hardly played as well. It also feels as though as I've lost interest in getting new toys. Sure, there are times when I go "Hey, that looks cool. Might wanna get that". But I never get around to it.

Lately, I have been considering the XBOX 360 (360 from hereon for simplicity sake) though. Sure, I would still want to get my hands on the Sony Playstation 3 but the price of that is way out of budget for me at the moment. I think its going for about RM 3000 at the moment.

Why the 360? Its been out in the market for over a year now so the price should be somewhat reasonable compared to the just released Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3.


Also, there seem to be several games that have caught my somewhat limited attention:


a) Gears Of War - Apparently the "MUST HAVE" action/shooter game for the X360. Good reviews all around. Seen videos as well as people playing it before. Beautiful graphics.





Gears Of War - just look at the graphics!


b) Dead Rising - Another action game, this time - with zombies. Maybe KL should've gotten the 360 instead. He loves his zombies.

The story is nothing new (you're a reporter who's in a shopping mall and must survive 3 days. Does anyone remember the movie "Dawn Of The Dead"?) but you can use weapons and other objects ie. potted plants, cash registers found in the mall to protect yourself and bash the zombies to a bloody pulp.


Wikipedia states that there are over 250 items which can be used to kill the zombies and can have up to 800 zombies on-screen at once.
Its bloody, its violent, it sounds like bloody good fun!



Dead Rising - using a TV to smash the zombies

c) Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II - A real time strategy game based on the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (the movie). No way in hell that my PC is going to be able to play this. The system requirements are a killer.


Plus many more to come I'm sure.

Of course, I'm not the only one who wants the 360. Ryan is trying to convince me to get it so that he can have his Halo 3 when its released.


And I've got so much shopping to do, so many things I want to get. So little money.

No comments: