Monday, February 05, 2007

Heroes - Believe The Hype.....



HEROES

What can I say? I'm really hooked. This series received lots of good reviews and they were right though it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Every episode ends with a cliffhanger. This is a good show. Thanks to modern technology, I've just finished watching episode 4.

So far, the storyline is similar to what you will read in comics - but the plot: A group of people from all over the world start to discover that they aren't normal and start to display "powers", ie. flight, invincibility, super strength, mind reading, the ability to see the future etc.

More info on Wikipeadia here. A must watch!

I've spent so much time on movies and tv shows lately. I finally got to watch "The Departed".



I wanted to catch it at the cinemas when it was showing but thinking it was just a remake of "Infernal Affairs", I decided there was no rush.



The verdict? I still prefer "Infernal Affairs". I think it was more stylish, modern. "The Departed" with the Irish traditional music etc didn't really appeal to me.

The odd thing is, I have no idea what both of these movie titles mean or refer to.

Also watched a comic-based, Hong Kong martial arts movie called "Dragon Tiger Gate" starring Donnie Yen, Nicholas Tse and Shawn Yue. Nothing much to shout about other than the fight scenes, a little over the top but I prefer Donnie Yen's "SPL" more. Maybe its because it was a cop movie. We need more movies like "Infernal Affairs"!

I've just discovered a review of "Dragon Tiger Gate", here.

I've finally managed to get something out of my deposit that I placed about 1/2 a year ago when I wanted to order my Masterpiece Optimus Prime (HASBRO Version).

Had to forfeit 50% of it but then I didn't really need another Optimus Prime in my collection, not when its the same exact version! I guess it beats paying another RM 300 and getting another Optimus Prime on my shelf.

Instead, I placed a pre-order for Masterpiece 05 (MP-05) Megatron!



MP-05 Megatron

Some other interesting things I found online:



A Soundwave MP3 player. Soundwave used to be a tape-recorder/hi-fi in the old cartoons. In fact, I think the design on this MP3 player is still based on his old tape recorder look. Now, they've actually made a functioning MP3 player that also transforms.





Collaboration between TAKARA and Apple, the Optimus Prime iPod docking charger with speakers! If only I had an iPod!


A Nike and TAKARA collaboration! I don't know if this is meant to be a joke or what but transformable shoes?! I reckon its just Transformers in the shape of Nike sneakers.


No comments: