Sunday, August 26, 2007

28 Candles.....

I never really gave it much thought, but putting the candles on my own birthday cake last night was hard work. Not "hard" hard - but that was alot of candles! It'll be so much easier in 2 years. Just 3 candles. Ouch.

Birthdays aren't what they used to be. We all probably used to look forward to it when we were younger. These days, I think I'd prefer a more quiet affair, nothing too fancy.

HSBC decided to reward me as a customer. They sent me a letter and said that as a birthday gift, they were giving me an electric toothbrush worth RM 65. Wow, my 1st electric toothbrush! Batteries WERE included as well! Thank you HSBC and OSIM.



Mum got a Tiramisu this year. I think its been something different every year as far as I can remember. Got some virtual wishes online, some sms-es. Thank you for those, but where are all the presents?!?!?! :(

It would appear that I had to buy my own presents again this year. And the timing was perfect!


Encore 01 - Optimus Prime

I remember dad got me this one from Kathy's Toy Shop in Jaya Supermarket for RM 89.90 many, many years ago. I remember keeping it back into the box after playing with it. It was like gold to me.

Then one day, mum took it and gave it to her students. Needless to say, it started to fall apart etc. Found out a mint toy with mint box could fetch about RM 1500. I even considered getting the re-issues that came out about 5 years back. But those were about RM 500.

Good thing I waited cause this Encore cost me RM 180. Pre-ordered this and it just arrived at the store yesterday. The box is a lot smaller, and I notice there's no styrofoam packaging inside. Saves space and costs I suppose.



Encore 02 - Megatron

This is a toy I never had as a kid. I always bought the good guys, and always the leaders. This time though, with the movie hype, I decided to pre-order this as well. Also, I already have the Masterpiece version of Prime and Megatron, I thought I'd pair them up. Damage - another RM 180.



Magic 8-Ball

Now, who hasn't heard of the Magic 8-Ball? I had some Toys R Us vouchers which were about to expire in less than a week. I was actually saving them to get the Transformers movie toys but since they are selling like hotcakes, there are none left for me to choose from.

I wanted something else and saw a couple of small little remote control cars from the Initial-D anime. Cute, super-deformed cars. I also considered getting the Risk boardgame. However, with the arrival of my Encore Transformers, I didn't want to spend too much.

Decided to get the Magic 8-Ball cause I never had one in my life. By getting this, I only had to top up RM 9.90 as I had RM 20 worth of vouchers. On the other hand, if I had gotten the remote control cars or the Risk boardgame, I'd have to fork out another RM 80 - RM 100 extra. Not something that I'd want to be doing right now.

The Magic 8-Ball is not particularly useful, but I guess its one of those fun toys.



Go ahead - ask me a question.....

More news about "The Dark Knight". There was some convention in Chicago where the movie is being (or was?) filmed and the people who attended got to watch a teaser trailer. Plus they got a really cool T-shirt too! DAMN!

More info about the teaser trailer here.

Some pics were posted up as well. I don't know if I will get requests to remove them. I mean, will Warner Bros. Studio actually read my little blog? Let's see what happens.



The Dark Knight



The Joker



The new suit from another angle



Unfair Advantage - The Joker kicking Batman's ass





Payback!!!!! - The Batman kicking Joker's ass!

I've said it over and over again, and I'll say it again. I can't wait for "The Dark Knight"!!!!! And I don't think its going to disappoint.

I'm already drooling over the photos - I must watch it in the theaters when it comes out in 2008. It's a must!

Managed to see the new Mitsubishi Lancer at 1U last week. Nice.





The recently launched Honda Civic Type-R is a beauty too.






No comments: