Saturday, February 16, 2008

Experience Experia X1 .....


I've swooned and gone on and one about the Apple iPhone in previous posts on my blog and I even have it here on my wish list. I mean honestly, who really doesn't want one?


Since the iPhone was announced, it was only a matter of time before the other handset manufacturers come up with their own versions of the touch-screen mobile phone. I hadn't really been paying attention until I read this article on InTech the other day.

Sony Ericsson's iPhone Killer (?), the Experia X1.










The only complaint I have is that its triangular buttons arranged in a square for the softkeys - "answer", "reject" buttons etc. Other than that, I think the phone looks pretty good. Plus it doesn't seem very bulky either. The screen does seem a little small though.

I've been a SE user for over a year now and I'll have to say, no complaints. This will be on my radar. Wish List updated!

The specifications for the phone:

* 3” touch display 800x480 pixels
* QWERTY keyboard
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 + HSDPA (3G)
* WiFi, Bluetooth
* Windows Mobile
* Touch screen
* 3.2 megapixel camera with Auto-focus
* Joystick navigation
* Assisted GPS
* Bluetooth, WiFi
* 110 x 53 x 16.7 mm, 145g
* The Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X1 will be available in “selected markets” from the second half of 2008.

Some of you (who are interested) might have been keeping up with the latest news about the format war between HD DVD as well as Blu-ray.


I've been reading about it and there's a summary here. It looks like it might be the end for HD-DVD. Guess I can strike off that HD-DVD add-on for my XBOX360 from my wish list.

In case you weren't aware, the Playstation 3 has a built-in Blu-ray player capabilities, making it the cheapest Blu-ray player in the market now. A standalone SONY or SAMSUNG Blu-ray player goes for about RM 2999 - RM 3999 while the PS3 costs about RM 1800.

Time to get a SONY Playstation 3 then!

I've been watching movies all weekend:



Hitman



Resident Evil: Extinction



Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem



Equilibrium

Was searching the net looking for news and came across some interesting tidbits.

300: Limited Edition DVD - love that miniature scaled Spartan helmet that comes with it.



I've never really been a fan of Marvel comics other than Spider-Man. As for the movies, I've only seen all the trilogies for "Spider-Man", "X-Men" and "Blade".

Now, we have a few upcoming Marvel superhero movies coming. I've given the last 2 a miss, "Ghost Rider" and "Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer". However, I might check out "Iron Man".

This is the first official picture of the upcoming "X-Men" movie spin-off: "Wolverine". Apparently, its called "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

I'm looking forward to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine again. I think this was the best part about the whole X-Men movie trilogy.



There are also some pictures released previously, Edward Norton playing Bruce Banner in the next "Incredible Hulk" movie.





And now, there are some photos of the scale model of the Hulk (which is supposed to be CG, as he was in the last movie).





Not a real big fan of the Hulk, but I did watch the last movie starring Eric Bana. I might just check this one out of curiousity. Eventually, I might watch "Ghost Rider" and "Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer" too.

Already its the end of the weekend - I'm really not looking forward to work. But I guess, it'll pass and I'll get used to taking those damned calls.

Don't like the feeling but I guess I just have to deal with it.

No comments: