Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ass Of U And Me.....

People always say not to make assumptions. I guess I've learnt my lesson. It cost me a fair bit of money too. I'm certain someone is going to say "Serves you right!" to this.....

So, here's the deal. I've been wanting to get the firmware on my SONY PSP updated, so that I can play erm, backups of my games *ahem*. The regular store I go to suggested I try the other place at 1U. I stopped by the week before and asked if they had that service. The girl working there (Sally) said that they did, and it would take about 30 minutes to update. Because I was kinda in a rush, I told her I'd pop in the next day to pick it up.

The following day, I stopped by the shop, decided to get some games (RM 10 per backup) as well as a new 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for the "backups". This time, Celine was the one who assisted me.

When I was about to pay for the stuff, the price suddenly came up to RM 100 more. What the fuck?! Sally confirmed that I did bring the PSP in for a firmware upgrade. RM 100 for a 30 minute job? I honestly it would cost alot less - like RM 10 or RM 20!

In the end, I paid for it - silently cursing. It was purely my fault for not checking out the price before agreeing to have it upgraded. Then again, if I attempted it myself, there was a risk of "bricking" (causing the PSP to malfunction, turning it into a fancy paper-weight, hence the term "brick") it. So, they charged the RM 200 memory card to my credit card and wanted RM 130 cash for the firmware upgrade as well as 3 backup games I selected.

Upon checking my wallet, I realised I was short on cash and only had RM 100 with me. I told Celine that, who then confirmed with Sally. In the end, Sally said "Its ok, I'll give you the games for free."

I believe the RM 100 spent will benefit me in the long term - I mean, I've had the PSP for almost 3 years now and I only have 2 games for it! Yeah - this is another way of me comforting myself for being SUCKERED!

Looks like there's something new in the market:



I love cheese!

A quick stop at Giant today and I saw this as well as one in "Ranch Dressing" flavour. These are going for RM 6.99 at Giant.




Don't know what this brand is but it says "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups"!




Finally, I've tried J.Co Donuts. Honestly, I can't decide if J.Co or Big Apple is better!



J.Co's and Big Apple Donuts are both good!

I used to love LEGO as a kid. I remember having a big Police set as a kid.

Now, I find myself excited over some new LEGO sets which were announced at a recent toy fair in New York.

From "The Dark Knight"!







The Tumbler (Batmobile)!

LEGO seem to be improving in their hair-sculpts and painting.





Anakin Skywalker





Obi Wan Kenobi

OK, so maybe Obi Wan's hair looks like Donald Trump's combover, but it looks like LEGO are starting to do something different other than the old "helmet head" hair.



Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny

It's been confirmed that the X-Files 2 movie will be coming. I used to love that series. It will be good to see Mulder and Scully once again. Now about those DVDs..... was it 8 or 9 seasons? Yikes!




More movie news!



Not a real big fan but looks interesting. Action and abit of comedy in it from the looks of it.
Yeah, from the new trailer, I think I might be watching Iron Man. Supposed to premiere in May 2008. At least there's something to watch before "The Dark Knight" comes out!





Seems like a lot of pretty famous stars are going to be in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".



Ryan Reynolds (Blade: Trinity, The Amityville Horror) as .....



Deadpool



Dominic Monaghan (Lord Of The Rings trilogy, LOST) as .....



Beak (WTF is this?! I didn't know there was such a character)



Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights) as .....



Gambit



I'm almost done with Prison Break - Season 1. About 5 episodes to go. Yes, I know I'm slow. It's been pretty enjoyable so far but I heard that it goes downhill from here.

1 comment:

MlleMonster said...

FINALLY, I got my hand on Reese's. One bite and 3 days worth of going to the gym vanished. It's so rich.