Sunday, March 30, 2008

Milestones.....


Team Leader or Assistant Managers at work have the unofficial duty of being ambulance drivers. What do I mean? When someone isn't feeling well, we have to drive him/her to the nearest clinic, hence "ambulance driver".


The first time, I drove PR in my team to the clinic, there wasn't really a big issue. I managed to borrow a car from one of my staff (A superior borrowing a staff's car! Oh my..... ).

On Friday, I had to drive another staff, UK, to the clinic because he was vomitting after having a "Toad In The Hole". The problem was, his car was a stick shift.

So ladies and gentlemen, 10 years after obtaining my driver's license, I've finally touched a car with manual transmission. And I didn't even stall the car, not even once. I guess its like how they compare certain things to riding a bike, you won't forget.

In all honesty, I wasn't comfortable driving the car because:

a) it was a stick shift
b) it was a modified car (PROTON WAJA, if you must know)
c) it wasn't my car

I'm always a little apprehensive when driving other people's cars. Add to the fact that it was a manual transmission AND that I haven't driven one in 10 years!

After his checkup, I asked UK if he could drive and he nodded. Then I joked if he had no confidence in my driving. Of course I told him I had no confidence in my driving a manual transmission.

And then a few hours after that, I had to listen back to a recorded call by one of the new staff to investigate a complaint by a supervisor from Bangalore. As my fellow Team Leaders/Supervisors have put it to me, "Welcome to the Club".

After confirmation on who my manager will be, my tasks have deviated from the original plan. My team will be taken over by Joe and I'll be going back on 1/2 days of calls for a month. The plus side is that I'll be back to the 3pm - 12am shift, so YAY for that.

What a ride its going to be.....

They promised Su they'd go look at some electical/electronics before she goes back to Indonesia once her contract expires - so we had dinner at IKANO today.

They decided to have steamboat - which is not really my thing. I mean, I don't mind really. But given the choice, I'd go for something else. Ryan and I ended up at Manhattan Fish Market again.

We ordered the Fish & Chips as usual - I still think Fish & Co has the better of the two.



Then I decided to order something called the Whitebait. I've seen it a few times and I was curious to what it was. From the photo, I thought they were strips of fish coated in batter. They were actually batter-coated little fish, kinda like ikan bilis.

If you look properly in the pic, you can see a little tail near the upper right of the photo, just by the edge of the dish.



It was a mistake to order the Whitebait. Not that it wasn't tasty - it was served with fresh carrot and cabbage with a dollop of tartar sauce on the side. But for the price, I think I'd have enjoyed the Fried Coated Mushrooms instead.

Dad seems to be on a shopping spree - another SAMSUNG mobile phone (PDA with WiFi etc) when the phone he was using is barely 6 months old!

And then on Friday, another digital camera, a RICOH Calplio R6, 7.2 Mega Pixel with 7.1x Optical Zoom. Whatever that means. It's also capable of taking macro shots from a minimum distance of 1 cm.



Haven't really been able to test it out yet but here are a couple of test shots in my room, with uneven lighting.



The new PC setup (and yes, I switched to my profile so I can show the Batman Begins wallpaper on PURPOSE)






Outdoor Shot:



Macro Shots:







Ooh, 1cm Macro shot - see those scratches? Time to get a new watch :D

So far so good, I think the camera's impressive but then what do I know about photography?


No comments: