Monday, July 14, 2008

And here .....we ..... go!

In this day and age where petrol costs almost RM 3/litre. Where can you get lamb chops for RM 1 at a restaurant? That was not a typo, it was ONE RINGGIT MALAYSIA.

Dad woke me up about 11:00am on Saturday morning to go for lunch. He was telling me about the Restaurant & Cafe 888 which was celebrating their 1st Anniversary the night before. He was saying that they were having a promotion, RM 1 for steak, lamb shoulder, salmon steak or jalapeno spaghetti.

It was no scam - in fact, we got other goodies as well. By signing up to be a member (without a membership fee!) we got a bunch of coupons that we could use on subsequent visits. Of course, the promotion was only for 1 day, or until while stocks last as they had it on their banners.

Dad and I had the lamb while Ryan had the jalapeno spaghetti.


All that meat for only RM 1!!!!!

The brown sauce for the lamb had a strong taste of herbs. I don't know my herbs that well but I think it could have been rosemary.

I didn't take photos of the spaghetti because, it looked just like bolognese.

It was a satisfying meal - hell, RM 1 for all that meat, what's there to complain?!?! The total bill for the 3 of us was less than RM 15, and that's because the drinks cost 3x more than our food!

We dropped Ryan for tuition and I spent nearly 2 hours at Atria. I never thought that I'd step foot in that place again. There's absolutely nothing to do there. In the end, I ended up buying some PC games. After all, why have a high-end PC with a 512MB graphic card if I'm not going to make full use of its power?

Unfortunately, not all the games I got are working. Doh!

Also stopped by the bookshop there. Strange but I can't find Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" anywhere! There are however, still loads of "Da Vinci Code" lying around. People say that "Angels & Demons" is a better book. The movie is in production, with Tom Hanks back as Robert Langdon. Truthfully, I don't know if the movie's finished yet.

Having read "Da Vinci Code" before watching the movie, I thought the movie wasn't any good at all. There were so many parts which had to be left out due to budget/timing constraints. Maybe this time, I should watch the movie, then enjoy the book later.

The closest thing I found were these hardcover versions for RM 89.90 at Big Bookshop at Atria!



I probably wouldn't spend RM 90 for a hardcover book. Weng told me he found a copy, but the cover has a dog-ear. I'll just wait until the movie comes out, I'm sure there will be plenty of reprints then.

From the way things are looking, this might probably be the last post before I watch "The Dark Knight". I'm planning to watch it on Sunday, 20th July 2008. The opening on 17th July just doesn't work with my schedule.

I had to take Ryan out for dinner and after much debate, we finally decided on Manhattan Fish Market.





French Onion Soup




Deep Fried Mushrooms



Fish & Chips with garlic sauce

The soup was ok, liked the mushrooms and the fish & chips taste kinda weird with garlic sauce. The verdict: Fish & Co - 1, Manhattan Fish Market - 0. I prefer the lemon butter sauce they use for at Fish & Co. And I think the Fish & Chips are cheaper there too.

There was a dessert on the menu at Manhattan that I wanted to try - the Manhattan Mud Pie. From the picture and description, it looked like it was similar to TGIF's Mocha Mud Pie.

Despite being stuffed with soup, half a portion of deep-fried mushrooms plus the Fish & Chips. I decided to go order the Manhattan Mud Pie anyway! Unfortunately (or fortunately), the waitress told us it was sold out. Maybe next time.

I tried to get tickets for "The Dark Knight" from Cathay Cineleisure on Saturday night but they were not up for sale yet.

We were there about 8:30pm or almost 9:00pm and the place was packed. Tickets for "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" were also sold out and the only available ones were for the 2:00am show.

They did however have some very nice lenticular posters on display. The Batman poster looks real cool as his head seems to shift when you look at the poster from different angles. It looks as if his head turns and he's staring at you from all angles.

Those would be really awesome posters to own.







This movie isn't as hyped up as it is. I haven't seen a single billboard to advertise the movie and I only seen the trailer on TV last week.

We get small posters like the ones above, but the check out the poster that they have in Hollywood, California!



An 80 foot poster on the side of a building. I know, its an unfair comparison - that being in Hollywood. Still.....

Since we didnt' get our Manhattan Mud Pie, we walked past Lecka-Lecka after trying to get the movie tickets. I've never tried Lecka-Lecka before but apparently, their gelato is made fresh daily.

I'm a sucker for chocolate, so I ordered a double scoop of Fererro Rocher and Orange On Chocolate.



We stopped by Shiok Toys before heading home - I wanted to check on my pre-orders. I was informed by the salesgirl that they are expected to arrive at the end of July. They're almost here. And I can't believe that I'm actually contemplating the Tumbler and the Batpod.

And then there's all that other stuff that I want..... oh boy.....


No comments: