Sunday, August 18, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 242 (Sunday, 18th August 2002)
Time: 11:27 pm
Status: End of Week # 7
Days without PS2: 7 day(s)
Days without Cube: 7 day(s)
Listening to: Lucy Pearl, Snoop Dogg & Q-Tip - You
--------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - this update should be short. It's late and I need some sleep, soon. Things were a little different this week. Spice in life is good. Not the same routine.

Work was as usual. Except for that day when I had to actually clean up someone's shit of the handicapped person's toilet. Someone must've had diarrhea or something and crapped all over the floors. Then some idiot (or it could be the same person) decided to try clean it up abit but the damned fool threw the toilet paper aside and got shit on the wall as well. *Sighs* The things I have to do for money.

Friday night, some people at work decided to meet up for drinks and stuff. Went to a place called "The Harp". CJ has mentioned that he would do some gambling and he mentioned that he never came out of that place losing money. Sounds like a brag? I've heard this quote once and it goes like this:

"It ain't bragging if you can back it up".

Back it up he did. The first round he was there, he put in $ 20 and won it back plus an extra $ 100 more. When Tom arrived later, he won about $ 70 - $ 80 again. Tom lost the entire $ 5 of his when he tried. We ordered dinner, played a game of pool while waiting for the rest. Mandy showed up with Steve (her boyfriend, I think). Then while she was having a smoke while we played pool, a waitress asked for her ID. She forgot her passport (She's a New Zealander and that's her only form of identification) and she had to leave. After dinner, Tom wanted to go and offered me a lift home. Chris decided to stay as he had friends there.

Another thing I learnt is that Chris is actually a British who's been in Australia for a long time....so long that he's lost his accent. Interesting, he looks like Frodo Baggins and actually has English roots.... He could be a stand in if they ever needed one. Also, now I know he got his scars from being pushed into a fence playing soccer. He threatened to sue and the school paid him AUS $ 20,000 just to keep quiet about it. No wonder he could afford his Mitsubishi Lancer (modified) ?? Also, his middle name consists of 4 or 5 names because he was named after each of his grandfathers. How interesting.

Then, I finally called AL again last night. After Smackdown. Wasted no time, no beating around the bush. Asked her straight up if she had plans for today. She said no, so I suggested that we meet. OK. Finished. Easy as pie. Was supposed to meet her for lunch this afternoon. She said she would call before she left the house. Then this afternoon..she calls up and asks if we could meet for dinner instead. Anything is fine with me. Seems that she came home at 8:00 am this morning. OK. I did call her last night when she was about to go to bed. She did tell me she was going to bed early cause she was going out later.

Met her at about 7:00 pm at Jam Factory. And you guessed it, TGIFs for dinner again. Well, its about an average of once a month for the past 3 months now. She was stuffed. Talked about alot of things. Originally wanted to watch a movie but it might have ended too late and wasn't that suitable cause tranportation would be a problem. She suggested coffee back in the city but when we got there, Starbucks was closing so off we went to one of the sidewalk cafes. Talked some more. We actually ended up talking about videogames towards the end. She and her addiction to the PS2. Headed our seperate ways for home after that.

Did I mention what she was wearing? Black long sleeved fleece jacket with a maroon shirt inside with a scarf, hair clipped up nicely, with really tight jeans and thong slippers. OOooh... she also asked me if I've been working out - cause she mentioned that I look like I lost weight...and I looked "built". Sounds like a compliment if you asked me! *winks*

I did tell her about my birthday next week and she asked if I had anything planned. I said no and teased her and asked if she was going to plan something for me. Might be meeting her again this weekend. Will have to see how it goes.

Anyway, asked her to call me when she got home, so that I would know she got home safe. When I got off the tram, I tried calling but no answer. Waited another 15 minutes and the phone was engaged. 15 minutes after that, I got through. AL answered and I asked if she was on the phone. She said she was with her boyfriend. OK...not really something I wanted to hear. Abit of a disappointment actually. Oh well....

Got home and checked my email and finally, I have a picture of JS. Whoo hoo...she still looks as good as always. Abit shocked when she mentioned her son...and I think she actually meant her dog....*Phew*

I know I should be saving money....and I'm trying...but I've heard some news about a limited offer. AUS $ 399 for the XBOX + Halo + DVD Remote + DVD of our choice. It seems like an offer not to be refused! One week only starting the 24th of August. Oh damn.... what am I to do? If one works it out seperately, it works out to only $ 200 for the console! I must be / definitely am going insane.

And there goes one weekend. Back to the usual routine at 10:00 am tomorrow morning.

No comments: