Sunday, August 04, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 228 (Sunday, 4th August 2002)
Time: 2:18 am
Status: End of Week # 5
Days without PS2: 0 day(s)
Days without Cube: 21 day(s)
Listening to: Anastacia - One More Chance
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Things were a little different this week. The usual routine at work but the end of the week ended a little differently.

I got up late on Wedesday morning. Either I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep or I didn't hear it at all. When I got up, it was 7:23 am, which is 7 minutes before my shift was supposed to start. I called the office at work and it was Marlene who answered. She didn't sound too happy when I told her I would be 1/2 an hour late. I had no choice as I normally take a quick shower in the morning as well. When I got to work, she seemed to abuse her power as manager. She was hassling me the whole morning and seemed to be in a shitty mood. I wouldn't blame her since there were only 3 of us working in the morning. It seemed to be extra busy as well. I did the best I could and I didn't take her complaining too seriously. Things turned out better when more people came in to start their shifts. She seemed to be alright the rest of the week although she's one on the "Dangerous Person" list of mine.

Decided to go to the city on Thursday morning to make some claims from Medibank and what a shocker! I just found out that there is a yearly limit on the amount I can claim on my medical prescriptions, which is $ 350 per calender year. Fucking fine print. Didn't see that. I guess I was too busy worrying about other stuff when I had to switch my cover. What it basically means is that I can no longer claim anything from Medibank for the rest of the year, assuming I'm still under the Overseas Visitor's cover. Might have to switch providers or look at a different plan when/if my PR application goes through. Thought I'd get about $ 100 back that day but only ended up with $ 17.50 which was the balance of the claims that I could get for the year.

Bought the official Prima Resident Evil Strategy guide which came with a huge fold-out poster for $ 20. Had to rush home to get ready for work after that.

Friday evening - FIRST FOOTY MATCH. Yes, they call football - footy. This is an Australian game. When I first saw it on tv, I didn't know it was Australian football, I thought it was rugby. Honestly, some people might not tell the difference. Ben was talking about this for weeks and he seemed more excited than I was. We agreed to meet at 5:15 pm on Friday and he would pick some of us up. I was there early, then Samantha came along. Ben arrived about 5 minutes after that and we had to pick Andrew up from Glenferrie Road. There were supposed to be more people but I guess they changed their minds at the last minute.

It was a match between the Collingwood Magpies vs. the Carlton Blues, which Collingwood won 141points to 33 points. Ben was a Collingwood supporter while Samantha was a Carlton fan. I have no idea which team Andrew supports. It was a good experience, Ben and Sam tried to teach me the basics of the game, which I think I did get. It was the experience that mattered I suppose. Don't remember if I ever been to a live sporting event before. I would have remembered if I did, since I'm good at events. So memory tells me I haven't been to a sporting event before. About 55,000 people there at the MCG Stadium that night. It's the sort of event where you get to see people at their worst. Had these 2 siblings (I assume) behind me. The teenage boy kept scolding his little sister, telling her to "get away from me, you stink, skunk!", "don't touch me!" and "shut up and watch the game" amongst other things. There was also an old man who was drunk or something who kept cursing throughout the entire game. Also found out that the captain of the Collingwood team is called Nathan Buckley who was playing his 200th game, which is supposedly quite a feat. There was a huge banner to congratulate him and I laughed when I saw it because "captain" was spelt "captian". I pointed it out to Ben who was sitting beside me and he was ashamed saying "you idiots".

The whole of today was spent at home, in front of the tv playing games and abit of tv after that. 2 new series on FOX8 today, "Andromeda" and "Mutant X". First one's by Gene Roddenberry, creator of "Star Trek" starring Kevin "Hercules" Sorbo and the other one is an X-Men clone.

This is it for tonight. Time for bed.

No comments: