Sunday, July 28, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 221 (Sunday, 28th July 2002)
Time: 9:12 am
Status: End of Week # 4
Days without PS2: 14 day(s)
Days without Cube: 14 day(s)
Listening to: Chocolate - Faith
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What a crazy week it has been. If I told you I had to girls fighting over me, you might find it hard to believe. YES, I did have 2 girls fighting because of me, but you probably won't know the reasons. It all started earlier in the week when Mandy was checking the duty roster for the week. She was saying she wished she didn't have to finish late on Friday at 8:00 pm. She mentioned that she would like to switch shifts with someone, either me or Andrew (speaking of him, never seen him for a week now). Then come Thursday, Marlene came in and asked if I would like to switch with her on Friday. I said I didn't mind. That's when the "war" started. Mandy started complaining and throwing her tantrum and Marlene was telling her to calm down. Chris "Frodo Baggins" James thought it was amusing that the girls were fighting and I was the cause of it. In fact, he found it very funny and I saw this big grin on his face. After that, I thought I could ease the tension and I told Marlene that Mandy had indeed ask me first, earlier in the week and she asked why didn't I promise her. Later, Marlene told me she couldn't switch with me anyway because she was in the kitchen and of course, I don't know kitchen yet. I asked Mandy if she would still like to switch but she said she was alright. Then she started complaining about Marlene, saying she doesn't know why Marlene is "such a bitch", and seems to pick on her.

I seriously think that Mandy has lots of problems. Just found out this week that she's actually a New Zealander and she goes for therapy (psychiatrist?). On Friday morning, Marlene came in and was kind of surprised and asked why I didn't switch with Mandy. I said she didn't want to in the end. Then she commented "then why the hell did she throw her hissy-fits" or something like that. It was busy as usual. School kids all rushing in after school. The place was packed. I finished my shift and I heard alot of banging while I was changing. Came out to see what was going on. Mandy was order taking where the register is near the change rooms. I asked her if she was alright. She said she was alright but she said she hated that place. I told her to take care, said I'd see her next week and she came over to give me a hug.

Wasn't feeling well on Friday. Had a flu and a sore throat. When I got home, I felt worse. Developed a fever later on in the evening. Had a nap then woke up. Went to sleep around 10:00 pm but it was torture. Got up in the middle of the night to get a towel and some water just to put over my forehead. Woke up early on Saturday morning as well. There was nothing left to eat so I went out for breakfast at Macca's. Stopped by the hair salon to check what time they closed. Vince (the owner) was there so I told him I'd be back later. When I arrived at Macca's, Khanh and Tom saw me and told me I shouldn't be there since it was the weekend. I told them I had no more food at home. Samantha came out and asked if I was excited about next week. Then I remembered that Ben rostered me for an early finish on Friday so that I can go watch the Footy with them. I think Sam would be going too, she's another one of the big fans of the sport it seems. Honestly, I wasn't excited. I was more concerned about my health there and then. I felt like shit and I just wanted to get well as soon as possible. Just ordered my breakfast, got a paper and sat down to eat. After that, stopped by the ATM to withdraw some money, went to the pharmacy to get some Strepsils for my throat then went to Safeway to get my groceries.

When I got home, KA asked me if I would like to go to Chaper St. with them. I declined the invitation saying I wasn't feeling well. She then told me there was some medication and started searching the medicine drawer for me and gave me a bottle of pills saying they were very effective. Then she asked if I knew where the Virgin Superstore was. Of course I did and I just told her it was near Jam Factory. She said she was going there to get an autograph of someone for KC. I took a shower after that, then tried to get some sleep. Must have slept through most of the afternoon. Watched Smackdown at night, then after that, watched "From Hell" starring Johnny Depp and Heather Graham on DVD.

It's a good thing I'm feeling better now. No more fever, just a little cough and sneezing at times. I guess I'll be good to go tomorrow. Was worried that I might have to take a day or two off from work if I wasn't feeling better.

Another complaint about DT this week. I was having lunch on Wednesday afternoon at home because I had a 3:30 pm - 12:00 am shift. Before that, I saw some stuff in the basin, just a bowl, a mug and a spoon. Or something. Probably left in there by one of the girls. DT was there and he made some instant noodles for himself. When he finished, he washed his bowl, pot etc. When I finished with mine, I saw that he left the things that his sister(s) used in the basin untouched! Now, is that selfish or what? It was just 3 - 4 items and I thought "couldn't he have just washed them as well?". In the end, I washed them. (Well of course I did! What do you think?)

Well, another routine week has gone by. I think I'll stop here and lay some Smackdown on the PS2 after this while everyone's still asleep and the tv is available.

No comments: