Saturday, July 06, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 200 (Saturday, 6th July 2002)
Status: End of Week # 1 of Full Time Employment
Days without PS2: 2 day(s)
Days without Cube: 7 day(s)
Listening to: Ja Rule (feat. Lil' Mo) - I Cry
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people have been asking why I haven't been updating my journal. The reason being that I've been really exhausted after work, not having much time to come online, let alone update my journal. Been having some problems with the net access the past couple of days as well because DT got a new router and has switched ISPs, using ADSL now.

I've survived a whole week of full time work. Some might think its easy standing around punching buttons on a register but its far from that. Others symphatize by saying "that's working life for you". The past week had its ups and downs. Most of the colleagues are nice. I seem to be seeing new faces everyday. I met this other girl at work who was really nice and friendly on Friday. But I can't remember her name. Hrmm.....typical of me. She kept smiling at me everytime I saw her. Of course I smiled back. Friday was different for me. I had to do order-taking in the drive-thru lane. I had to wear a head-set to communicate with the other person at the collection window. So all I basically did was to take a customer's order, key it in so that the person at the front could assemble it, and collect the customers' money. Most of the customers were alright. Except for 2 of them. First one was a taxi driver who seemed frustrated when I didn't get his order right the first time around. But he was alright after that. The other one was one big fat bitch who was complaining because she wanted to buy a Happy Meal toy but I couldn't show it to her because they were at the collection window. I told her she had to pay me if she wanted the toy but she didn't want to pay for something she couldn't choose. I told her she would have to park her car to come in and pay for her toy at the register if she didn't pay me there. She said she would check out the toys at the other window and drove off after she paid me for her order. I bet she was too lazy to get off her big fat ass to come in to purchase her toy. Don't even know if she took a toy and drove off with it, that fat bitch.

Other than that, work was alright. Ben was in a competitive mood that night. I was all alone in the cold part, at the back of the store where the 2nd window for drive-thru was. Ben came around and helped me make some cup-trays. He was racing with me, he managed to make 4 in the time it took me to make 1. And he kept saying "hurry up". I told him I was afraid of paper cuts. Which was true. Part of the work-related injuries sustained during work, and I get it alot because I work with alot of paper and plastic products which can be pretty sharp around the edges of the items. Mandy seems to have a short temper, seems to throw tantrums. I feel a little intimidated by her, even though she's like half my size. Everyone seems to be afraid of her, I know I am since her outburst the other day. Now everyone asks her "Mandy, are you alright?" whenever she seems to get irritated or pissed.

Seemed to be getting weird dreams lately. The other night, I had a dream which involved my old school and old school mates. I don't really know what it was about but some old friends of mine (whom I've known since primary school) seemed to be unhappy with the friends that I am keeping. I remember being in my old secondary school, taking a leak, then I saw CWL and CSW in the toilet. I had my back towards them while I was peeing, and I felt someone trying to open my backpack. I turned around and saw CWL trying to open my bag and we ended up in an argument. He was crying, shouting at me, saying that I've changed into someone else. Someone worse or bad or something. I shouted back at him, saying if I wanted to change, I'd have changed a long time ago. I was saying I was the same person, the same person that he knew since we were 9 or 10 years old. Just then, the ex-head prefect, CWH came in to the toilet. He took me out and then made an announcement to the whole school that I was the "Student Of The Year" or something like that. People started cheering and clapping. I don't even know what was going on.

Now, is that some crazy shit or what?

Anyway, I've just finished watching WWE Smackdown on tv. Was out from about 12 pm - 6 pm today. Stopped by the food court at Collin's St food court for lunch after going into this expensive looking watch store at Collin's St. I walked in and was looking around. This Asian guy asked me if I needed help. I asked for the price of the Tag Heuer Kirium F1 and he went to check. Comes up to AUS $ 3170 or thereabouts. I can't really remember. He asked me if I wanted it. I said I was just looking around. He told me to go back if I was interested in getting it and we could work something out. After that, I walked past this other store, saw the Seiko Kinetic that I've always thought was decent looking selling for about $ 800, after discount. Hrmm...looks like I've alot of saving to do if I want to get either of them.

Had to go see Lily Ong/ Mr. Ong to sign some documents between 2.00 pm - 2.30 pm. Mr. Ong forgot to tell me that they've moved to another location. I called him when I arrived at the old building and he said he'd come downstairs to open the glass doors for me. I waited about 5 minutes. After that, I received a call from him and he apologised saying that he forgot to inform me that they moved. I had to walk all the way back to the new premises, at the corner of Queen and Bourke Street. It seems that we're in the final stages of the application. They just need to send some forms off to the Malaysian Police to do a criminal record check for me and after that, I might get news about my application in 4 - 6 weeks, according to Lily. They said it would also depend on how long it takes for the Malaysian Police to do the checks.

After everything was settled at the office, I went on a shopping spree (again!). Stopped by at a computer shop at Elizabeth St to look at some stuff. Went to JB Hi-Fi, saw alot of CDs on special prices. Ended up walking out of the store with 2 All Saints albums, "All Saints" and "Saints & Sinners" (their first and second albums respectively) for $ 4.99 each and Anastacia's "Not That Kind" album for $ 12.99. Now is that a bargain or what? Went next door to the DVD Import store after that. Was looking at the Region 1 DVDs when the lady turned on a tape of Bruce Lee's "Fist of Fury" for a customer. I don't know where he's from but he saw me watching the video and he tapped my arm, asking me if I knew how to do the Bruce Lee gestures. He must've been a big fan or something.

After that, I went over to Toys R Us just to have a look. Cute Girl # 1 was working there today! I left my bag at the counter and just took walk around looking at some action figures before going to my usual Video Games section. Was just looking around and saw a release list for the GameCube which lists "Resident Evil" for a September release! I can't wait! Then I thought I'd just make up some reason to talk to Cute Girl # 1, so I went up to the counter, waited for the rest of customers in front of me to get their stuff before I gave her the card to claim my bag and talked to her. I asked her if it was possible to pre-order games and she explained that I might be able to do that for more popular games, but it would be about 1 month before they are released. Then she just asked me to keep an eye out for notice or signs. After that, I thanked her and she just stood there. I was looking at her and she looked confused. I told her she forgot to give me my bag, while pointing to it and she kind of gave an embarrased/shy smile before grabbing my bag.

Went off to Myer, stopped by the music department. Wanted to get the Ja Rule CD but it was no longer on sale! I should've got it the last time when it was selling for $ 20. It's now $ 23.95. Was sampling the disc but they didn't have the song "I Cry" which I heard when I saw Ja Rule in concert on Channel [V] the other day. Sounded nice. Looked at the singles and saw that they had a promotion, $ 4.95 for all singles and $ 9 for 2 singles from a selected range. I grabbed Ja Rule's "Livin' It Up" and "Always On Time" singles ("I Cry" is on the "Livin' It Up" single) and also P.Diddy's "I Need A Girl" single for $ 4.95. Stopped by at Starbucks to get a Mocha Frappacino before heading off home, where I met KE at the Flinders St tram stop.

Called RL to see if she can confirm plans tomorrow. Actually made plans to meet up tomorrow since I thought she was going to leave next weekend. I actually called her last night to see if she was still in Melbourne. Had a chat with her for about 30 minutes. It has been quite sometime since I last talked to her. And so many things I found out!

It seems that her housemate,Ching Ching stole 2 of her handphones! That's why they say you can never judge a book by its cover. In fact, I think you can't even judge a book by the first few pages either. I actually talked to her before and she seemed like a nice girl. Can't believe that she would actually turn out to be a thief. Makes me wonder if she lied about her family background etc to RL and her other housemates. Seems that Ching Ching actually drives a BMW 3-series back home in Malaysia. Either that all it was all a big lie. Hrm, guess I can't really judge someone I don't know, but I guess we really have to be careful who we are friends with.

I think I'll stop here now to call RL again as she was having dinner earlier on. She gave me a call while I was watching wrestling and I thought I heard my phone ring but didn't bother to check until after the show ended.

Need to re-Ghost the image file of my harddisk again so that I can re-install the damn DU Meter that DT wants to use to keep track of our net usage.

No comments: