Friday, July 12, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 206 (Friday, 12th July 2002)
Status: Week # 2
Days without PS2: 8 day(s)
Days without Cube: 13 day(s)
Listening to: Kenny G - In The Rain
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What a week it has been. Absolutely crazy at times during lunch hours which can be a rush. Mandy threw one of her tantrums again, and was crying again yesterday. I think she got told off by Janice because I think Mandy was taking out her frustrations on everything and everyone else. Or was it the day before. I can't remember now because time seems to fly by so quickly. We seem to be understaffed at certain times. I don't know what's going on but I try the best that I can. I guess now I can include in my resume "Able to work under pressure". A customer complaint that I was taking too long to serve him his order. Fucking old man. He said I was slow and I shouldn't be doing anything other than to serve him. What he didn't see because I was behind the machine was getting more fries to put into the vat. If I didn't do that, other customers wouldn't have enough fries. It was lunch hour during that time and there were so many customers. There's no point in me talking about it anymore because at Macca's, we have 2 rules.

Rule # 1: The customer is always right
Rule # 2: If the the customer is wrong, refer to Rule # 1.

Therefore, I had no choice but to bear with the fucking old man even though I felt like shouting back at him. The dining area looked like it was a war-zone. There were so many spills that day. The floors were splattered and sticky with Coke and other soft drink stains. And it was so busy, there was hardly time to clean it up.

Anyway, another week has gone by. Time flies quickly. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this now. RL called me at work today. I thought I had my phone on Silent-mode but I guess not. Luckily no one heard it or I'd have received a warning of sorts from Ben or Khanh. Anyway, it would be a friendly warning/ tease I suppose if they did hear it. Almost all the people are nice. Ben was saying he'll try to roster me early one day so that I can go to the football game with him and whoever else who wants to go. He told me before that he'll teach me about the game, during my first interview. I guess if I do go watch the game at the stadium, he'll be teaching me the game. Was talking to 2 female colleagues yesterday, in the evening, Samantha and Katherine, who seem to be big fans of the game. They were trying to explain it to me. And all the while, I thought Football and Rugby were the same thing. Well, it sure as hell looks like the same game to me!

I told RL that I was at work and I'd call her later tonight. I called her around 9.30 pm after my shower. She said she would call me later because she was eating. So I said fine. I hung up and I think I must have fallen asleep. Then about an hour later, DT just barged into my room. He said he thought I wasn't in because he said he messaged me and I didn't reply. Then I was thinking, if I WASN'T in, why did he come into my room for?

Anyway, I lazed around for a couple of minutes, picked up my phone and was about to call RL, then I received a call from her. Talked to her for awhile, asked her why she called in the afternoon. She said she was in the city, wanted to see if I was free. Then after that she told me that she will be moving to Southbank on Sunday and asked if I could help. I offered and she said she'll call me tomorrow night to confirm the time. I guess its better than doing nothing. Then I jokingly said as long as she spent a meal at TGIFs. She laughed and said no problem. Then she asked why I liked TGIFs so much. I told her its because I like Western-style food.

So I guess my plans for the weekend are set then, most probably getting some groceries tomorrow, then stay home at night to watch WWE Smackdown. The on Sunday, help RL move. I might even get to see her new place if there's space since her cousin borrowed a van from a friend to help move the things. Maybe can get in some game time this next couple of days. DT kept asking me to play games with him but I just kept telling him I've been tired.

Guess this is all for tonight. Don't know what to do next....

No comments: