Sunday, July 14, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 208 (Sunday, 14th July 2002)
Status: Week # 3
Days without PS2: 1 day(s)
Days without Cube: 1 day(s)
Listening to: Eagles - Hotel California
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Was up early this morning. A few minutes before 10 am, when my alarm was supposed to ring. Agreed to help RL move her things into her new place today. Everyone was up early. They were talking loudly. They always talk loud. By they, I meant all of them at home. The girls' ex- piano teacher is here for a holiday. At first when KE told me, I thought it was just the teacher who was coming cause I was told she was taking the same flight as KA. Then when they arrived yesterday afternoon, there was another person. I don't know if its the boyfriend or the fiance. I didn't ask. They're staying in the girls' room next door while the both of them are sleeping in the hall. They went to St.Kilda Beach today and then to Crown, I think.

Anyway, I guess I'm used to them talking loudly. Must've been really tired because I slept soundly, didn't even wake up once the entire night. Watched WWE Smackdown yesterday, then "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". It was in Mandarin with English subtitles. I always thought the dialogue was in Cantonese! Slept around 12.30 am after the movie. Guess that's enough of weird dreams for the time being. Had a couple more in the last week or so. Can't remember most of them, remember one of them which involved me being back in SMDJ, and saw some old faces there.

Anyway, helped RL to move all her boxes and things and my arms are aching now. Her apartment was on the 1st floor. So had to walk up 2 flights of stairs and then there was another 2 flights of stairs outside the building. Her cousin, Danny, who's a PR here and an Architect, managed to borrow a van from his friend and came to help with the moving. It was quite a big van, those normal store vans (with no seats behind) and the entire van was filled up with her things. It's a wonder how so many things could fit into a small room.

Anyway, Danny had to meet his wife and friends after that so he was rushing off while RL and me took a tram to the city. We had lunch at the newly renovated Dessert House. KE had mentioned before that the place was under renovation before this. It occupies 2 shoplots now (previously only one) but its still as packed as it always was. I wonder if the food or Japanese pancakes are really that good. They have a fair bit of variety but I normally have the same thing there everytime, which is the Lemongrass Grilled Pork Chop with Egg and rice. Today, I tried their Lemongrass Grilled Chicken with Pork Chop with Egg and rice. I guess some people might think chicken is a healthier choice. Meat is easier to chew and less fat. We talked, even discussed about going to T.G.I.Fs again! And we were just there last week! RL wanted to get some antennaes and decorations for her mobile phone. All the dangling thinggies that girls like to put on their phones so much. Went around a few shops looking for the stuff. I looked at some new handphones as well. The new Nokia 8910 is out. The new Samsung SGH-T100 doesn't look too bad either. I asked RL about her Telstra contract because she was affected by the One-Tel bankruptcy as well and she said that her contract is a 2 year contract. I guess mine's a 2 year contract too. I guess another 7 months or so before I can apply for a new line and get a new phone. By that time, I think there'll be more choices for me to choose from too.

We didn't go to T.G.I.Fs in the end. Guess I need to give my wallet a rest as well. Just because I'm earning abit of money doesn't mean I can go on spending it like there's no tomorrow. Come to think of it, what's the use of working so hard, if not for money to spend. I guess controlled-spending is ok. Just have to make sure I have enough money in the bank at all times. I think it shouldn't be too hard controlling my expenses. I hope it wouldn't. In 2 weeks time, I'd have completed ONE full month of full time work, earning my first monthly pay cheque. If I manage my expenses well, I should have about $ 400 or so per month. So much I can do with that. I must try to save some money. I must. Even if its just $ 100 - $ 200, it should be good enough. I'll just have to continue keeping track of my expenses to see.

Had to buy groceries yesterday. Noticed somethings. Since working full time, I eat less bread so I bought a smaller loaf instead of the usual Jumbo size. Had to get conditioner because the damn shampoo I got last week does not have conditioner and I'm running and shower gel/soap, because I'm running out as well. I also noticed that all the bottles of shampoos here are small. None of those "Super Value" packs like what we have back in Malaysia. They might be around but I can't seem to find it. Strange, but just an observation I made. I purposely went to Coles at Glenferrie Road so that I could get the Pura Chocolate milk but they sold out! I asked the guy putting out bottles of milk and the idiot said "we don't sell the big bottles". I didn't want to cause any trouble so I just said ok. While paying for my stuff, the person in front of me was complaining just because the cashier couldn't scan the price of the batteries of the person in front of him, saying "you should know the price of these things". When it was his turn to pay, he realised he didn't bring enough money so he had to take out 2 bottles of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel. The cashier, was staring daggers into his back as he walked away with his purchase. I noticed that too. I just asked her nicely about the chocolate milk and she replied nicely, saying it could've been sold out and that she served a customer who bought 2 bottles that day. Oh well, some other time then. The trouble I go through just to get some chocolate milk. The other thing is that Safeway doesn't seem to stock them. Either that or they sell out early because I can never seem to find the big bottles often there. PURA Classic Chocolate milk tastes THAT good ?!?!?!

I have also acquired a weird taste ( addiction?? ) to orange flavoured carbonated drinks these days. I guess it all started when I tried it for the first time with my KFC combo meal. Got it with Mirinda orange. And now at work, I've been drinking orange-flavoured Fanta as well.

Here's another website to share with you. It's a Flash game, a version of Super Monkey Ball which I have for the GameCube. Check it out, the movements seem to be a little jerky. Don't know if processor power has anything to do with it. But I think its less animation for the SEGA programmers. YES, I think its an official SEGA Flash game. Enjoy.

http://score.sega.com/games/supermonkeyball/contest/Monkeyball.swf

Guess this is all for tonight's update. It's 11.36 pm. Got to work at 10.30 am tomorrow morning. Another week has begun.

No comments: