Saturday, July 20, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 214 (Sunday, 21st July 2002)
Status: End of Week # 3
Days without PS2: 7 day(s)
Days without Cube: 7 day(s)
Listening to: Joe (feat. N*Sync) - I Believe In You
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been about a week since I last updated my journal. As far as I can tell, nothing really interesting happens during the week at work. Either that or I'm thinking that the week hasn't ended and therefore, would prefer to wait until the end to write everything down.

Nothing that interesting to talk about work. A couple of things to mention though.

1) The people at work seem to be hypocrites. Hrm ok, I have to check up the meaning of this word at www.dictionary.com. I think I've got it right, though. And here's the meaning:

hypocrite - one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not

They seem to talk and gossip about others behind other people's backs. Especially Marlene and Janice.

2) Marlene likes to hit me alot. I don't know why I've been a punching bag for as long as I can remember. Of course, its all playful hitting. I'm strong...I'm macho...I can take the pain ! :p

3) Met a few people at work again. Like I said before, its like seeing new faces almost everyday. Met this new girl. Vietnamese I assume called Loan. Very small size. Kinda cute. Very young I think. Marlene was talking to me while Loan was there, and asked me how old I was. Loan thought I was 19. Hrm. Interesting.

As I've mentioned over and over again. Time really flies. It's already been 3 weeks at work. One more week and it's been a full month of full time work. First time ever. Next week's schedule is a killer. Have to days when I have to work at 7.30 am. And on Wednesday, I'm supposed to do close, lots of washing up to do I suppose. It means I finish at 12 midnight! It seems that all full timers will now get a close on at least one of their shifts.

Got this month's mobile bill. Killer. I think its the highest ever. About $ 215 including the payment for the monthly plan etc. I didn't know that 1 sec call back to Malaysia which didn't connect costs $ 0.40. Now I know. I actually paid of the bill the day it arrived, which was probably Thursday. Someone laid it out nicely on the kitchen counter in full view. I wonder who did it. Then the following night, DT came into my room carrying the bill with him, telling me that the bill was here. I assume he didn't know I saw it. I told him that I already transferred the money to KE, then he just turned around to leave, commenting " You really made many calls this month. ". I'm just wondering is it all really about money to him.

Another complaint I have about him this week. I was watching RAW on Tuesday night and he went out. At first I assumed he was going to KFC to get supper or something. Turns out that he drove all the way to Lygon Street to get Pearl Tea, at ML's request I suppose. He didn't even have the courtesy to ask if I wanted anything. I decided that I don't need to ask him if he wants anything the next time I go out to get something. Is there any point in me being considerate when he obviously isn't? Some people... pffttt.

As much as I try to budget, I just couldn't do it. I went out and bought an iron and an ironing board the other day and it cost me almost $ 85 in total. I didn't know ironing boards were so expensive. I guess its a necessity. All this while, I've been using DT's iron and board. When I first arrived in Melbourne, the ironing board was downstairs. Ironing wasn't a problem. After ML came back to Melbourne, it was moved upstairs into their room. I had to go upstairs whenever I wanted to use the iron. Now, they have turned the ironing board into an extra table which is so troublesome when I want to use it because they place clothes, books, cds and just about anything and everything that can fit! Now, with an iron in my own room, I don't have to go upstairs, clear everything off the table, do my ironing, put the table back and place everything back on it. It's just so much easier this way. At the moment, the ironing board is still in its plastic wrap, haven't even tried on the iron yet.

I've also been thinking of getting a small tv for my room. Then I can play my games anytime I want, no need to wait until the tv in the hall is available. But then again, there are so many things I want to buy. Now where's that "wishlist" of mine again. Might need to update it again soon. Want to import the "Freeloader" disc from the UK so that I can import Cube games and don't have to wait for months before they get a PAL release. But for that, I might need a credit card. Can't use the one that mum gave me, so I was thinking of applying for my own. Might need to wait until I get more news on my PR status. In the meantime if I really can't wait, might have to ask someone to buy it for me and I pay them back. Maybe RL would be the perfect candidate to help. Another thing I'll have to wait and see.

Been having weird dreams again. Mostly of old friends back home. Most recently dreamt of JS. Haven't seen her since....can't remember when. At least she did email me a few weeks back. Also managed to chat with her awhile then.

Considered getting my hair cut shorter. For the sake of work. Damn, I think my hair looks better when its longer, not short. Again, will have to see how it goes.

Life is so full of uncertainties.....

No comments: