Sunday, September 15, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 270 (Sunday, 15th September 2002)
Time: 3:08 pm
Status: End of Week # 11
Days without PS2: 7 day(s)
Days without Cube: 1 day(s)
Days without XBOX: 8 day(s)
Listening to: Paul Mac (feat. Peta Morris) - The Sound Of Breaking Up
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the day I've been waiting for has come and gone. Finally got "Resident Evil" for the Cube. I'm loving every minute of it. Even getting the game was such an event.

I first heard that the game was out in Melbourne from some people on the forums. I found out that Pulsar was selling it on Wednesday. I planned to go get it on Thursday after work so I gave them a call. They said they had to remove it off the shelves because they're not allowed to sell it before Friday the 13th. I also called Toys R Us but they hadn't received their stock. It was torture reading how everyone raved about how good the game was. I called Toys R Us again on Friday morning but they still had not received their shipment. They suggested I call back in the afternoon.

During the entire time, I was in a dilemma. Should I :-
a) Go get it from Pulsar and pay $ 108
b) Wait a few days for Toys R Us to get their shipment and save $10 with my discount voucher

It's a good thing I had to wait in the end because not only I got $ 10 off with the voucher, Toys R Us was selling it for $ 10 cheaper than everyone else! In the end, I have a double disc game for $ 89. The bad thing out of it was I almost got "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" for the XBOX. Heard people saying how good this game is. Might consider getting it.

Back to "Resident Evil", it's so bloody good I was stuck to it for about 5 hours yesterday afternoon. It's been a long time since I played a game for so long, if I ever had done so in the past. Graphics are good, lots of blood and gore. Action at its best. That's what I like. The strange thing is that there's hardly any music and so far, I haven't been scared just yet. Nothing has made me jump. Perhaps I need to play it on a full surround sound system to get the complete effect.

Back to reality. It's official, I'm getting about AUS $12 per hour at work now. That's an extra $ 30 or so each week. That's a good thing.

Mandy's quitting full time and going casual. She'll be working at Safeway on weekends. She would have gone off to New Zealand today.

Andrew's in deep shit. So much was revealed during the last few days. He's on probation now for a few reasons I suppose. One of them was that he was stealing product and got caught on the video cameras. Seems he was caught making himself a sundae and was caught on tape eating it. The other was probably for his disciplinary problems. He got into a huge fight with Marlene and it turned into a cursing/swearing match. Just when I thought he was going to be promoted.

I got teased by Khanh and the rest the other day. Started when I told them about what happened a few days earlier. A car of 4 young girls came into drive-thru where I served them. After their order, one of them started telling me that X (can't remember her name) just broke up. I just looked at all of them and smiled. They started laughing at X and teasing her before they drove off. I told Khanh about it and she went off singing "Roy got picked up" and news spread around quickly. Marlene said I should've asked for their phone numbers. Hrmm...now why didn't I think of that?

Also, don't think I've mentioned this before but I've got a new nickname. Before this, I was known as "The Royster" compliments of Chris "Frodo Baggins" James, even Ben started calling me that. Then all of a sudden 2 Friday nights ago, Boon started calling me "DJ Roy" and I'm stuck with that now. I really have no idea where all these come from.

Learnt abit of how to make breakfast on Friday. Khanh taught me. Might be learning more tomorrow. Back shifts (kitchen) shouldn't be very far off now.

Friday night was insane. Some schools started their holidays. We were unprepared for the sudden rush. Seems that it even went on for the next 2 1/2 hours after I left. Met Chris, Mandy, Steve, Paul and some others that night. Was supposed to be a farewell of sorts for Mandy. Ended up in Camberwell playing pool.

There's going to be a group outing on the 27th of September. The plan is to go watch "XXX" starring Vin Diesel. Might probably be going fo that one.

Seems to me that there always seem to be something happening at work. Interesting. Guess this is it for this week. There's going to be a BBQ later. All of us and the twins should be here as well. Probably later on this evening.

No comments: