Monday, April 14, 2003

------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: Monday - 14th April 2003
Time: 1:00 pm
Listening to: The sound of the pouring rain outside my balcony
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's raining pretty heavily. The sky is gloomy and I really shouldn't be online. I thought I should just put in an entry before I forget about it.

I think I've finally recovered from my illness. Thanks to all who were concerned. Nothing seriously wrong with me except for a little phlegm in my throat. No biggie.

Had another weird dream the other day. Sort of a "Hollywood" production. In fact, I think it could have been Godzilla in my dream. Was on some sort of boat or ship and this Godzilla climbed on board in the middle of the ocean. Lots of chases on the decks of the ship, lots of breaking and smashing, loud roars, swimming in the ocean, even a little romance thrown into the mix. Everything you'd see in a movie. Yours truly was of course the main character, while the female lead was, of all people, Sally Wignell.

Who's Sally Wignell? She happens to be a colleague of mine back in Melbourne when I was working at Maccas. Strange that I dreamt about her because I wasn't that close to hear in the first place. Sure we did chat a couple of times but I think she was a casual who normally worked on weekends.

Damn, there was another thing I wanted to write about but I forgot what it was about.

And now - the thought has come back to me. It's about food. Yes. Food, glorious food! OK, that was either from "The Sound Of Music" or "Oliver Twist".

What's my point? Being sick for the past few days, the sort of food I could eat was limited - thanks to mum. Not that I'm complaining, mummy knows best and she wanted me to get well soon of course. Fried foods was kept to a minimum. I was eating quite alot of wet food, like porridge and soup noodles, stuff like that.

On Saturday evening, dad bought some pretty basic stuff like "pai kuat wong" (barbeque pork ribs???), fried chicken with assam sauce and japanese toufu with vegetable and egg gravy. I can now admit I used to take food like that for granted but after being sick for so many days, eating food like that was just - indescribable. Just eating pieces of that fried chicken with that sweet and sour-ish gravy. Mmm mmm mmm. Didn't think that I would think this way but I think I really do miss Malaysian food.

I must go for satay again one of these days, only had satay once ever since I got back from Melbourne, and that was on the day I arrived back home. Anyone wants to drive me to Kajang? Hell - I'll even settle for the hawker stalls in SS 2. The satay there isn't too bad.

Any volunteers?

No comments: