Monday, December 06, 2004

Movie Magic


My first attempt at reading "The Lord Of The Rings" was back in 1999 when I borrowed the novel from TPC (I wonder how's he doing these days?Lost contact ever since he went to Singapore) . I gave up after a few chapters. Tolkien was long winded and I couldn't stand to read about how green the leaves were, and how the bubbly stream sounded as it flowed towards the river. The songs and rhymes were torture as well. I had not choice but to stop reading and returned the book to TPC after that. After hearing so much about the book and how good it was supposed to be, it was not something I could see myself continuing. I was never much of a reader back then anyway.

HBO had a repeat of "The Fellowship of The Ring" again on ASTRO just a few days ago. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this movie. I happened to be watching (again) the ending of the movie. The part where Frodo decides to leave the Fellowship to complete his quest after Boromir tries to take The One Ring from him. Frodo gets ready to escape when he's confronted by Aragorn at the top of the hill on Amon Hen.

And then, my favorite scene from the movie plays out again. Aragorn resists the temptation to seize the ring from Frodo, remphasizing his vow to protect Frodo so the quest can be completed. Then he sees the glow on Frodo's sword, Sting. The music, the action, Aragorn's battle stance before he takes on the band of Uruk Hai. I thought he'd be killed in battle protecting Frodo.

Of course all this was before I read the book - so I had no idea that Aragorn was one of THE main characters in the whole trilogy. So in the end, it wasn't Aragorn that fell in battle, but Boromir instead. The music in the scene where he was struck down by 3 Uruk Hai arrows was good as well.

Because of this scene, "Fellowship Of The Ring" has secured a place as my favorite of all 3 movies in the trilogy.

I promised Ryan I'd go get his game this past weekend. It had already arrived and the "pirate" version didn't work so he's been waiting for it for ages. I knew I had to be going to 1U to collect it. I sms-ed ZT to see if she wanted to meet up. I didn't hear from her for the rest of the week, so I assumed she didn't get my message, or was out of credit: until Sunday. Just as I managed to get a parking space. She sms-ed saying she was on the way to 1U and wanted to meet up. I replied "No problem, I'll see you" but there was - I brought Ryan along with me.

ZT sms-ed me when she arrived as I was trying on some pants that I needed to get, while Ryan was impatient, waiting to get home to play his new game. I met up with ZT after I got my pants, she needed help with a decision - to get a briefcase or a handbag for her female AMO. And all this while, Ryan was tagging along, still dying to get home to try his game. We went around a few stores trying to decide what to get her AMO. I invited ZT to have dinner, but she said she might have to have dinner with her brother, whose car she was using.

Some other time then.
What a waste though.....a case of bad timing?

It's Monday again, work's going to be shitty with the holiday season coming up. I'm now officially in another AMO's team now. I asked for the transfer because the rest of my team will be in her team now. It'd be easier for arranging transportation. Seating positions won't be scattered as well once we switched to a different shift time again. Almost ALL of her group has handed in their resignation. More group reshuffling.

Time to get some shut-eye before work tonight, then to slave on for another week. But wait, I have this Friday off, so that's something to look forward to.

No comments: