Saturday, December 25, 2004

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Shit! This is the 2nd post I'm writing up. Hit the refresh button and lost everything before I managed to copy it. Was up since 7:00 am writing it trying to get some nice pictures of my Christmas wishlist. Ironic that its because of these pictures that made me lose everything I wrote. Bloody hell.

Now I guess I'll just put up images of what I'd like to have and screw the rest of the descriptions =p Can't be bothered to write them all up again.

#1 - Motorola Razr V3



Very nice looking phone with a price to match, about RM 2800 or so. Unless I get to spend some time with a Motorola phone, I'll stick to the ever-dependable Nokia. Their latest design's don't really appeal to me though, abit too "square-ish" for my liking.



Nokia 6260 - Pretty weird location for the function buttons but I guess it works for the PDA style usage.



Nokia 6170 - Nokia's coming up with alot of clam-shell phones lately. This one I haven't really seen yet. Design looks so-so. Don't think there's any MP3 ring-tones on this one. At least the buttons are placed nicely.

# 2 - Apple iPod Color



Music on the go, 60 GB of storage plus it can be used as a back-up hard disk as well. US $599. Ouch! But who needs that when you can have.....

# 3 - Sony PSP



Isn't this a beauty as well. The PSP (Playstation Portable) hand-held console from Sony. The crazy Japanese lined up overnight to get their hands on one of these. Apparently selling very, very well. US version's coming out soon with a supposed price tag of about US $200.

It plays games, videos, music. Basically does everything the iPod can plus
MORE! Only thing is that the media would come on UMD discs, plus the usage of Memory Stick duo.

And those are just some of the things that I wish I could have =D I guess all these gadgets are what they call big-boy's toys. Don't get me started on other stuff like cars. Saw some pictures of a very nice looking BMW 3-series here

Do I have anything that that costs less than RM 100. Not that I can think of any at the moment. The only thing that comes close is probably the "Return Of The King Extended Edition" DVD that comes up to about RM 180

Met FC at Pyramid yesterday. She's down in KL for a week or so for some meetings. Caught up on stuff. She let me try out her new Canon Ixus 40. Very nice. Small and slim - easy to cary around. Alot of sliding switches though. Don't know how it'll hold up for extended use.

She paid about RM 1800 for it about a week back, then when she took a friend to buy it recently, the price was down to RM 1500 and it seems he got a better deal with a bigger memory card! Ouch!

I don't know if it was the night shots that I took at the wedding when my hand was shaky or there's a problem with our Pentax Digital camera. I can swear my hands were shaking when testing out the Ixus 40. But the pictures were pretty decent. I'd need to try taking pictures at night before I can really be sure.

Got a reply from SW the other day when I sent her an sms greeting. She's in Kota Kinabalu now, like she said. Surprised when she said that my birthday and Christmas presents are with her, waiting to be claimed. She wants to meet up again when she gets back from KK. It's hard to believe but its already been about 6 months. Has it been that long already?


I never thought she'd bother getting me anything. I could only ask myself "Why?". Especially after our "fight". Not that I'm complaining, its nice that she still thinks about me. I still have one of her toys which I was supposed to give her.

Maybe its time to go shopping again.

I'd also need to send my Playstation 2 for servicing. It's acting up now. I think its time to send it in for a check-up.

I think its time for another hair-cut before the dinner tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my ps2 conked out a long time ago. i checked at sg wang n u can get a new one for 650. wow. to repair mine, it costs abt 300. so how? anyway, i heard abt the portable too. us200, then it seems ok. but dunno how much it costs once it gets here. hmm....can i have that for my xmas gift?? :D