Saturday, May 06, 2006

I've been let down.....


TGIF's 1 Utama - you've disappointed me on so many levels yesterday. Yes - I finally had TGIF's again after god knows how many months and I end up being disappointed.

First - a few months back, they were having this set meal promotion for RM 39.90. There was this main course called the "Mardi Gras Special" which was actually rice and fish with a special buttery-sauce. Well - the promotion's ended. No more "Mardi Gras Special". Instead, the replacement main courses in the new set menu isn't really that interesting anymore. Maybe I've got to try something else the next time.

We had the 3-chilli Fried Calamari (something tells me to stay away from anything with the word "3-chilli" in it. The last time we had the 3-chilli Wings - it was nothing to shout about either) for starters. BBQ Chicken Breast (again, nothing really special) for the main course and Chocolate Malted Turtle for dessert.

I ordered the Mushrooms, Chicken, Mushrooms - the chicken tasted kinda dry. I really must try something else next time. Maybe that was too much chicken in a day (speaking of chicken - KFC for dinner today! arghh - but I think even KFC tasted better than what I had at TGIF's!)

But the worst part of the visit was - I found a piece of plastic as I was eating my Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. It was probably a piece of the microwave container that was broken and got mixed in with the mash. Thankfully - no injuries to the mouth.

Thought by pointing it out to the waiter, I'd get some sort of discount or something. No such luck. Maybe I should've kicked up a bigger fuss! Should've gotten the manager or something. Maybe I'm just being too tolerant.

Window shopping is no longer safe - saw so many things that I want to get. A new pair of Nike Cortez with black and bits of neon yellow/green on it.

First time I got my hands on the iPod Nano as well. Alot smaller than I expected. Wouldn't mind having one of these if I had the cash to spare.

Of course - there were some toys as well. Maybe time to go for another shopping spree!

It was off to watch the 6pm screening of "Mission: Impossible 3". It wasn't too bad - different from the previous installment. There seems to be less emphasis on action and more drama this time around. I enjoyed it. Go catch it!

2 days of annual leave gone just like that - could have done so much more with it but the rest I get is very much welcome.

The department gathering will be held later on tonight at Sri Hartamas. Plus I got invited to the ex-departments annual dinner/gathering too. Not going for that one because:

a) Its going to be held somewhere in KL. I think they told me it was Chorus Hotel (did I get the spelling right?)
b) It costs RM 50 for the ticket and its going to be Chinese food

Most of you know I absolutely hate driving down to KL - I just hate it. Second point, RM 50 for Chinese food!?!? I don't have much faith in balls, proms and annual dinners - the food normally ends up being a disappointment.

I guess I've learnt my lessons, and pretty expensive lessons they are. I remember one of the old college annual dinners - we paid about RM 70 for tickets, I had a suit tailored for the event etc. The conclusion? We should've used the RM 70 and gone down to Planet Hollywood for a decent meal with cash to spare for drinks!

MO asked me if I was going to attend the dinner with the ex department as she overheard G and M inviting me on Tuesday night. I told her I wasn't going to - and she playfully told me that she was glad that I'm loyal to the current department. Have I unknowingly joined the triad/mafia/gang? Loyalty and whatnot! :p

No comments: