Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Another promotion?????


I wish!!!!!

Since the boss has gone over to the other side - we're taking turns to be "acting" Manager for the time being. 2 weeks each. At least until the new one has gone through the selection and interview process. I guess its just a temporary promotion.

Attended my first Management Cascade today - wasn't very long. About 30 - 40 minutes tops. What was the point of the whole thing? Cost and how to reduce expenditure. Report due end of week on how to maximize seating capacity and avoid wasteage of space. Argh!

Also found out that the first friend/colleague I met in this department is resigning. Damn.

Nothing much interesting happening. Except that I've been invited to a couple of colleague's open house next weekend. Potluck and booze required it seems. Will see who's going before I decide.

Oh - its almost the middle of the year too. Damn.

Some of you might remember, a few weeks back - I mentioned Dei showing me a newspaper article about this college guy who was a Star Wars fan. You might remember how my sister told me not to end up like him. I remember writing that what I have isn't even 1% (or something like that) of what that guy has. I've got a long way to catch up.

To further emphasize my point, I present to you some pictures. This isn't to point out that I want to be like collector's like this but to show that I have not crossed over yet. These people are real hardcore.

(All credit goes to Mr. Bone Dust, wherever in the world you are. It's an awesome collection you have there)


This is not a store!!!!!


This is not a store!!!!!


This is not a store!!!!!


This is not a store!!!!!

The best part is - this guy only collects Spawn and McFarlane stuff (or at least from what I can tell from his pictures).

Still not convinced? Here's something closer to home.


The teacher's collection

Yes - I met this lady once as I bought something from her. She's a school-teacher, young, married and collects toys.

Still need more convincing? I can assure you my room looks nothing like the one above, or below - yet. And you can rest easy, I don't think it will. But then again, never say never! If my interest doesn't die out.....


This doesn't look like a store for sure!

No comments: