Sunday, June 04, 2006

The missing post.....


- The following post should have been posted 2 weeks ago but was not due to loss of Net access -

I don't know what's been going on but I've been talking about food and restaurants quite often recently.

No surprise, here's another one!

I'm not really a seafood person. I've always been told that I used to love prawns and would fight with Mum over who would get the prawns when I was younger. I have no recollection of this but I'll accept that. Somehow, while growing up, I no longer like seafood. Sure, I'd eat seafood if I had to. It also depends how its cooked. I guess I might have turned into a lazy-eater. All the bones to pick out from the fish, the shells to remove from prawns. Makes perfect sense doesn't it?

Ever since I tried Fish & Co, I'm totally crazy about the Fish & Chips that they serve there. The portions were always pretty big and the food was always fresh. I've had no complaints about the service or the food. It sort of reminds me the seafood market that was near Kew when I was back in Melbourne. Big pieces of fried fish, thick cut fries with a generous sprinkle of chicken salt. Oh - I miss the chicken salt, I wonder if its available in Malaysia?

Met up with G at Sunway Pyramid last weekend and I had the craving for Fish & Co. G said she didn't really like seafood or rather was allergic to it. So we decided on Kim Gary but it was closed for renovations. So, back to Fish & Co.

Ordered the usual Fish & Chips but the serving of the fish was so much bigger! I'd estimate it was almost 50% more fish than usual. Hey I'm not complaining.

Good stuff! I had to get a replacement battery for my watch. I've taken having a watch for granted and when the battery went dead, I stopped wearing it for a couple of days. I'd always look at my wrist for the time only to stare at nothing.

Also learnt some interesting information from the lady at the store. The price of Seiko watches would never go down. She said they would go up on occassions, exhange rates of the Japanese Yen. A Seiko Kinetic Auto-Relay watch that I've had my eyes on for years still selling for RM 1600.00!!!!! Even its an older design, it still commands such a high price.

But then again, my bonus for year 2005 has all been spent elsewhere, I guess I can only wait to get a new watch and/or mobile phone.

It really is depressing to be poor. Fuck.

No luck getting the Spider-Man figure I've been hunting for. Of course not, we're in Malaysia! The store selling it for US $8.99 as stated in the last post has actually sold out. I cannot fucking believe it. Is it so hard to actually get an action figure? What is this world coming to?

Good news is - I've managed to locate another store which has it for US $ 7.95. I fiddled around with their checkout function and as luck would have it, MALAYSIA is not listed in the order/check out form. What the fuck?! Why not? I've e-mailed them a couple of times enquiring if its an error on their webform.

Its been a few days and there's no reply yet. Great. Just fucking great.

I've also emailed www.superherotoys.com to enquire about shipping. Again, its been at least 2 days and no response yet as promised. I used their web form to send the questions, this time, I've send them via the email address provided on the site. Cross my fingers and hope for a response on Tuesday (which will be Monday in the USA). This one probably isn't as dodgy. They state their charges clearly on their website. They've even got a "Yahoo Top Rated" store award. I guess that can't be that bad, can it? But hey - where's my email?

Something else interesting that's got my attention. Macross.

Macross figures aren't cheap. They cost in the region of RM 600.00 each. The latest one that came out is a 1/60 scale of the VF-0S fighter from the Macross Zero anime. It looks fantastic of course but the price. If money was not an issue, I'd get it based on the design of the fighter jet alone.

Now I can't really afford RM 600.00 Macross figures. Why about something that's about 1/6th of the price? It's 1/6th the price but 1/100 scale.

Roy Focker VF-1S

Plus the guy's (pilot in the animes) got the same name as I have, I think that warrants a look! I'm not a real fan of Macross though. Not big loss if I don't get it. But I have to say it looks good.

No comments: