Sunday, June 04, 2006

Don't know what you have til its gone.....

Its true - you won't really know what you got till its gone.

I think its time I admit that I am addicted to the Internet. Come to think of it - I might have done this confession before and completely forgot about it.

The Net connection has been fucked up lately. The phone line as well - everytime it rains, we lose the phone connection and it "miraculously" repairs itself a day or two later. Funny thing is, even though we lose the phone connection - accessing the Net isn't a problem at all.

Once in awhile - I'd get disconnected but there's always the auto-connect without hitches. There were a couple of times when I lost connection and couldn't log in. Frustrated, I'd leave it and go to bed. When I log in the next day - everything's fine and dandy.

Just last weekend- it happened again. After unsucessfully trying to log in about 1/2 an hour. I finally gave up and hit the sack.Just when I was about to post the last update too.

The following day, I tried to log in again but it didn't work. It was raining heavily lately and as usual - the phone lines went dead.

This went on for 4 days - hell I was desperate to get back online! I'd never thought it would come to this. But the truth speaks for itself - I hardly put in any TV time these days. About 2 1/2 solid hours of Net use everyday after my shower when I get back from work. (Well - I DO need something to do while waiting for my hair to dry!)

There seems to be problem with attaching files/pictures right now too.

After putting it off last week - I've finally watched "X-Men: The Last Stand" today. Caught it at Cineleisure, near The Curve. Tickets were RM 10 compared to RM 12 for GSC. Don't know if this is some launching promotion or a permanent thing. Nothing much to complain about the place. Except that the other shops are not occupied yet.

More and more horror stories I hear about "The Da Vinci Code". I wonder if I should bother watching it in the theaters or wait for the DVD release. Planning to make a trip down to Berjaya Times Square tomorrow. There's a shop that apparently sells Spider-Man: The Movie figures there. Heard that they're only selling Spider-Man and Green Goblin as a set. I wonder how much it'll be? Some online sites are selling the Green Goblin for US $60. Damn. I should've grabbed them when there were plenty of them back when the movie first came out.

I missed out the chance to get this the last time the guy had a set of 3-figures plus 2 Hulk figures for RM 150.



Super Poseable Spider-Man and Super Poseable Green Goblin


I've gotta meet up with WY to return some of his stuff as well.

Updates on my hunt for toys: The 2 stores have not replied any of my emails. I don't know what's up with that. Still, I'm not discounting the possibility that I might buy online if my pocket allows it.

I've gone international in the hunt - currently, I've enlisted help of someone in Singapore to help me look. The last time someone saw it at that shop in Orchard Road was about 6 months ago. Who knows if it'll still be there. I've also got the help of another friend who has a friend who owns a collectibles store, but in Sabah. He might be able to help out then.



The Spider-Man set which was previously going for RM 200 is now going for RM 180. Oh, the temptation. Come to think of it, this Spider-Man doesn't look too bad.


No comments: