Monday, June 05, 2006

Now and then.....


Things went as planned today. I returned some stuff to WY and we took the LRT into town.

Today, I bought myself another Spider-Man figure. The last time I bought a Spider-Man figure was when I was probably in primary school - 20 years is a safe assumption.

When I heard about the Spider-Man and Green Goblin being sold in a set, I was thinking it was probably 2 seperate figures. I thought it was going to be RM 150.00 at least. When I got to the shop, this is what I managed to find:

Spider-Man & Green Goblin 2-pack

It wasn't really what I expected. The package is in pretty bad shape - creases, dents and bends. But its the contents that matter I suppose. The Spider-Man is fine, superposeable. I just wish they threw in the superposeable Green Goblin into the package as well. That would have made this a sweeter deal.

Total damage: not even close to RM 100.00 - only RM 59.90.

And how toys have changed. In a previous post, I had a 2 seperate pictures to emphasize this. Now I have both figures in the same picture for comparison.


Secret Wars Spider-Man (l) and Superposeable Spider-Man - movie version (r)


Spider-Man versus Green Goblin


I missed out on Spider-Man 2 figures. Apparently - the superposeable Spider-Man 2 has 40-points of articulation - mine only has 30 !! *boo hoo* But no matter, I felt like a child again posing my new toy. I must get the Spider-Man 3 figures when it comes out next year. I wonder if it will be the all-black version?


Spider-Man 3 - teaser poster

I was also looking around for some Nike's. I've more or less decided to go for another pair of Cortez. I've had my eyes set on a new design which is white with a black "swoosh" and some flourescent highlights on the name on the heel and the lip.

While I was checking Times Square out - I came across a couple of shops on the 4th Floor selling shoes. These are the "no name" shops - there weren't any signboards. I saw the shoes I wanted - it looked like they had my size (US size-12). The prices were what it was elsewhere, about RM 199.00. But these 2 shops had 10% discounts.

Usually, at the Nike stores, one would hardly find discounts. Maybe selected marked down or special priced ones. But as far as I can remember, never discounts. Now, discounts always make a deal even better - but the fact that these shops didn't have names got me worried. What if they're non-original stuff? I'd hate to be paying close to full price for fake goods.

I ended up not buying the shoes - I can always go back if I'd like to take the risk. Or just get them from the regular stores. Getting shoes is a tedious process for me, as usual.

I've finally got around to taking some photos of my "recent" purchases. I've been putting them off for sometime now. In no particular order:


Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader Evolutions Pack


Transformers Binaltech(l-r): Laserwave (Mazda RX-8) and Prowl (Honda Integra Type-R)


THS-02 Optimus Prime(l-r) and the Big Daddy of 'em all - MP-01 Optimus Prime

Looking at the photo again now, I never realized how small the THS-02 Optimus Prime was.

Updates on the re-issues for MP-01. It has been cancelled. Its true. TomyTakara (manufacturers) have now decided to scrap the MP-01 (price range RM 350 - RM 380) for..... *drum roll*..... MP-04 - the COMPLETE EDITION.


Fucking great. They're now adding the trailer to the set and slapping on another RM 300 or so to the price. Now what the hell am I supposed to do? I've still got that RM 100 deposit with one of the shops for the HASBRO version.

No comments: