Monday, August 16, 2004

Signs.....

I don't know how many people read the Malay Mail. A lot of people claim its a tabloid paper and rightly so. Lots of articles and scandals in it most of the time. There was an eye catching article just sometime last week. It was about crop circles appearing somewhere in the United Kingdom - the End of The World is supposedly in 2012 according to the Mayan Calender.

Crop circles were the theme in M. Night Syamalan's move "The Signs". The article made interesting reading though it was pretty short. People claim that the crop circles appeared overnight, while there are the usual ones that said it was the work of detailed and precision planning. So is the world really ending in 8 years? Who knows? The truth is out there.....Some links here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2004/08/10/moonraking_crop_circle_blake_100804_feature.shtml

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/cro.htm (lots of photographs of past "discoveries")

Of course "Signs" here just doesn't mean the movies or the crop circles. I've finally sms-ed SW after more than 2 weeks. I couldn't wait. I didn't want to. It was just general things that I asked her. She finally replied.
I sent a reply to her reply but there was nothing after that. Of course I sent that sms after midnight. I wasn't really expecting a reply. I told her to gimme a buzz when she wants to meet up. This time, I won't be placing too much hope.

That was a good sign. Hopefully a sign that we can still be friends.

It feels like I've wasted my weekends away lately. I sleep through most of Saturdays now since I get home early Saturday mornings. Christian and Elida were flying back to San Diego this weekend. They all wanted to meet up at Planet Hollywood on Saturday night. It would have been good to hang out with them but I had a sore throat and my legs started to ache abit again. Azhar sms-ed and said they would be going to Ampang for karaoke but I decided to stay home. I guess it would be better since I won't be enjoying myself anyway. So its only Jorge for the next week before he goes back to San Diego this weekend.

Work isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Even so, 3 girls have already handed in their resignations. One's got a dream job, she studied Bio-Chemistry or something like that and got a job at a pharmacy/lab. One can't take the working hours while I didn't get to talk to the 3rd one. In fact, I don't think I ever talked to her much before.

Basically this work isn't as stressful as IT work I suppose. A few of us have been discussing what's going to happen now that people have started to resign. My points are that once we log off at 7 am after work, we're done. We don't have to bring home any remaining work, no overtime. Basically its a good deal for the amount I'm getting. At least I don't have to pull out my hair thinking the best way for coding a damn software program =D

I woke up a couple of times this morning, at 2 am, 5 am then finally before 9 am. My eyes are all teary. I slept before 9 pm last night, I don't think it's because of lack of sleep. I might need to go get some more rest.

No comments: