Saturday, August 28, 2004

She remembered..... =D


You might have been reading about how little things matter to me. Do you know anyone else who'd be as happy as a lark when someone sends them an SMS on their birthday?

I guess I've been living in denial. Always saying that I'm not hoping for much - but the irony was that I kept hoping for this and that. At work, I kept checking my phone whenever I had the chance to see if SW had sms-ed me. And everytime I looked, there was nothing. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't disappointed.

On the morning of 24th August, I came out of the shower after work and saw the birthday sms that SW had sent me. The weeks before had me wondering if she remembered. I guess she did after all. So I don't get to celebrate my birthday with her this year as we both planned before. The sms she sent meant alot to me.

Of course when her birthday came up 2 days later, I sent her wishes as well. Still, I haven't spoken a word to her. It's been more than a month now I think.

That's the problem with technology now, if you can call it one. Before sms was created, it was strictly the phones. If people got into an argument and one party refuses to talk to the other - it ends up with phones ringing and being unanswered. Right now, we have another level of filter for communication, which is the sms. I can count my blessings since she's replying my messages.

JC has been a darling as well, sending me a sms to wish me Happy Birthday as well. It's her birthday today - so if you're reading this "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!".

So - yeah I had to work on my birthday and I wasn't feeling well. National Day's coming up and I have to work as well. Management has requested that we come dressed in traditional clothes. Looks like I have to go shopping then. Some of them are asking me to get a "jeepa" (thanks to Pooi San for reminding me what its called =D). Said I should get the long one because I'm tall.

Vicky (short for Viknesh) was planning to go watch "Alien Vs. Predator" today. But he hasn't called and neither did he reply my sms. Guess not. Some other time then. Maybe tomorrow after I go shopping. As for tonight, I might take a drive down to Mayang Jaya and get some DVDs. Don't know why I'm becoming obsessed with getting some DVDs of old movie favourites and maybe some series as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy BELATED birthday :D sorry for it being late. won't give any lame excuse :p well, shd be optimistic. better late than never. muahahahhaaa!! hope u had a wonderful time...next year, take leave!