Monday, February 28, 2005

Out of sight, not out of mind....


Well, it seems as though as SW doesn't check her Gmail on a regular basis as well. But when she does, a whole bunch of forwarded video clips for my viewing pleasure. Comedy clips are the order of the day with some ocassional "Positive Thinking" themed posters/pictures.

I've finally finished reading "The Da Vinci Code" on Saturday. Delays, work and all. The modern term "horny" is derived from the Egyptian God of Masculine Fertility- Amon, who had a head of a ram. Hence the term, horny. Interesting. I wouldn't have known unless I read Dan Brown's book ;)

The past week was a killer, the weather-induced headaches. On Saturday morning, I looked out the window and I thought I saw mist. It was gloomy and I thought it would be a very cool day. Upon stepping out of the building after work, my nostrils were assaulted by the stench of ash and the smell of something burning. Mist my ass - the haze was back. It was like stepping out on a foggy day in Genting Highlands. Good thing the rain later in the day cleared the skies. Weather's a lot cooler now. Maybe cause I'm not feeling the effects of the fever/headache that I've had.

Flexibility

Another dose of bullshit from management. We've got to be adaptive to changes, flexible. There are talks about having 3 month rotation for shifts, a 4-day work week or a permanent fix on our shifts. Non-official news is that we'll be sticking to permanent shifts.

All in the name of cutting costs. Why? Rotation-basis shifts will mean that transportation for the other departments will be affected so they decided to make it permanent.

Does that mean no bonuses or increments for us? On the other hand, increments and bonuses would be handled by AMOs. Perhaps there's a chance. But won't know for sure until the time comes around.

The Project

We were required to do some sort of decorations for our work "cubicles". Someone came up with the idea of coming up with Zodiac signs.

So we have another guy who's a Virgo like myself and he came up with a whole load of text which he kindly offered me. Of course while doing my own research, I came across some tid-bits here and there. Honestly I wasn't putting 100% into this project because come on, its like some silly school girl project. But what the hell, the boss wants it and the boss handles our increments etc. So here we are - doing a Zodiac project. I couldn't really be bothered coming up with alternative solutions.

Virgo - are mostly loners, have very few real relationships but when they do, it ends in pain and heartbreak etc.

Depressing....

SONY PSP

Launch day is coming and I still want the freaking Sony PSP. Why for god's sake? WHY?!?!?!?! It's a unnecesary luxury.

Don't Waste Time On Useless People

That's what someone told me when I told her how silent my phone was during the CNY and Valentine's period. Or how when all the sms-es that I sent went unreplied. She said I should have taken her out for dinner instead. But she's always so busy, that I have to be slot into her daily schedules and date books just to have dinner with her. Are you reading this? =p

Question is: how am I going to respond to this. A hostile reply? Or just pretend like nothing happened? Peaceful "negotiations" is always better, no? Now only if there's a chance to practice that.

That's the other thing about me, I can forgive but NEVER forget. You have been warned!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heya pal! why so stressed up? well, take the changes easy man. AU/NZ is also 'bout to these changes, very very soon - as I was told by my AMO. Even he himself feels quite upset with the changes as he may be separated from us. Why must the management be so cruel and put separation to everyone where there's already a tie between the members?? *argh* Anyways, did you eat the mandarin orange which I gave you the other day? ahah..otherwise u could have js threw it into the river during ChapGohMei. Cheer up,alrites? Come visit me-la over the other end. Cheers!-sammi-