Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday Morning.....

"Sunday Morning" - Maroon 5

Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself back home to you

And you may not know
That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning


She whispers to me again.....

SW replied and said she got my sms-es the other day. She's been giving the same advice for sometime now.

"Be Happy. Simple words but often misunderstood. ", she says.

Easier said than done, methinks, as always. It's going to take awhile. I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Maybe its not so bad after all?

Funny though, she's stopped sending me forwards to my Gmail account. I've neglected this account for sometime now, checking it ocassionally. Lots of forwards from her the past couple of weeks. But then after last Monday. ZERO. Zilch..... a sign of things to come?

Cliches.....Cliches.....Cliches

I've heard so many this past week.

"If its not meant to be yours, its not meant to be yours"
"If she's yours, she'll come back to you"

Is that supposed to be comforting? I don't really find it much help, to be honest. But I guess that's reality to some, and I might have to accept it. Is there really such a thing as Fate? Or is it something one has to work on?

It's always easy to say it - dish out the best advice ever. But when the you're caught in the situation yourself, I bet you won't be able to do what you tell others. Besides, heavy doses of Hong Kong serials must've made me into a non-believer.

"You made my day, man. You deserve a raise!"

What kind words from a customer. Its very, very rare that we get someone appreciative of what we do. Mr Nice Guy was happy with what I could do for him about his car loan that he said I deserve a raise. I casually mentioned that he should speak to my supervisor about it and he requested to speak to one! I transferred the call to VV and in the end, he sent out an email to all the staff on the floor in Customer Service. VV told me he would also make sure that the AVP got a copy of the email as well.

Now I've got good comments in my appraisals! And if that raise really does materialize, excellent. I can still hope, can't I?

I've learnt that being humble doesn't do jack-shit for me in my organization now. We've got to blow our own horn and blow it loud. That might bring me places. If only I had realized that sooner, I'd have TWO good comments in my appraisals for the 6 months I've been at work.

Suddenly, I'm like a hero at work. The new guys (who'd eventually know me anyway) now know who I am.

I'm like getting interviews about the call that got escalated to the supervisor (OK - it was just ONE interview from a junior).

I'm famous. A superstar! But I don't want that. I've always been low-key, behind the scenes. Not one who wants to steal the limelight. But then if I've got to blow my own horn to get places, then that's what I have to do.....just in a more subtle manner.

I won't mind that raise though!

Thanks Mr Nice Guy - you made my day too!

The Reunion

Had a call from SH the other day while on the way back from work. The old group wanted to meet up. I wasn't so sure at that time. I was confused and I didn't even know what day it was. I had to call him back to find out exactly what day the get-together was.

About 8 of us met up at Pyramid last night. Went to Kim Gary's (or is it Gary Kim's? I forget) for dinner. Cheese Baked Pork Chop rice. Mmmmmm.....always have a thing for cheese.

Decided to have a drink after that. We couldn't decide where to go. Ended up at one of the pubs at the Promenade area. Don't even know what it's called. I don't remember the last time I had beer. Had a couple of glasses. I still don't like it. How anyone can consume so much baffles me.

Funny - don't they sell Kampai anymore?

Interesting Reads

I wonder how PS is doing? Since the last time I got the sms from her, haven't heard from her since. Is she back in KL?

I woke up early, about 5:30 am this morning. It was supposed to be a quick toilet visit but here I am now, about 3 hours later, blogging away. Watched abit of TV too.

Decided to check my mails - hoping for something, a pleasant surprise I guess. No such luck. However, I did check out PS's blog. And she's got some pretty interesting links to other blogs too.Where does she find all these stuff?!?!

I checked some of the other blogs out as well. These people seem to have such interesting lives. Is there something wrong with me? Do I need some loosening up? I'm like a drama king or something.....

Well, for your reading pleasure:-

The Datin Diaries - True confessions of a real life Datin! It's an interesting read. I've got to check back more often

Sony PSP - USA Launch Date, Sony PSP - I Want You So Badly

It's finally announced - March 24 2005.

"While the PSP's ship date fell inside previously announced release parameters, its price was higher than expected. Sony will only sell the PSP as part of a single-SKU "Value Pack" for $249 in the US, CDN$299 in Canada. The new price point is $50 higher than the $199 many industry analysts predicted; that was based on the PSP's Japanese MSRP of 19,800 yen (approximately $185).

Besides the PSP unit itself, the Value Pack will include a 32MB Memory Stick Duo (which usually retails from $24.99 to $39.99 solo), headphones with remote control, a battery pack, AC adapter, soft case and cleaning cloth, and a UMD disc with game-demo movies, and a music and video sampler. As an incentive for early adopters, Sony will include a free UMD copy of the blockbuster superhero film Spider-Man 2 with the first one million PSP Value Packs shipped "

Damn it - its coming with a UMD disc of Spider-Man 2. That will get people's saliva drooling. Watching a movie on a hand-held.

Too tempting, must resist. Maybe if I get that raise that Mr Nice Guy recommended..... Company's financial year is supposed to end in April 2005. I wonder what sort of bonus they'd be announcing.

That might help fund the purchase of the PSP. Will be damned useful on boring Saturday night shifts too, that's for sure!

I teased Bro Ryan the other day. Always asking him when he'd get me the PSP. He gets irritated about that, all the time. And I kinda enjoy it. One time, I told him I always got what I wanted (material things). And come to think of it, its true.

Sooner or later, I always get what I want. It's just a matter of time. Gadgets like the PS2, XBOX, Gamecube. The Honda Civic. Next on the list is probably the Sony PSP. Then again, its a rather long list. There's a new handphone in there somewhere, an Apple iPod (which I can probably scratch off if I get the PSP), a nice, shiny new watch, the Canon Ixus S40 digital camera.....I can just go on and on.

Daydreaming, I should be going back to sleep. Maybe its the alcohol residue in my body doing the thinking.

No comments: