Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Birthday.....to me.....


A colleague at work gave me the nickname "Robocop". Why? Because its part of my job to make sure that other people are doing theirs - a watcher, sort of like a Sentinel.....

Well - Robocop's got to shut-down and recharge my batteries. I'm supposed to be off for 11 straight days.

I was planning to catch "Pirates Of The Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest" on Friday but due to some conflict of scheduling, I didn't make it.

"Battle-damaged Robocop has been infected with a virus by getting caught in the rain"

I was supposed to go meet LSY as he still had my Optimus Prime with him. I previously asked him to get it for me first as it was shortpacked to 2 per case. Its pretty hard to locate these days. I didn't feel nice that he paid for it for me first, and I had not paid him back for it.

Met him at his officein TTDI, and then walked over to KFC for lunch. On the way back to his office, it started pouring. Hung out at his office while waiting for the rain to stop. By that time, it was already too late to catch the 3:15 pm screening of "POTC 2: DMC".

Got caught in the rain and as a result, recovering from a slight fever. And if that's not bad enough, I've re-injured myself by twisting my ankle due to the uneven road surface while going to meet LSY. What a way to start off my annual leave.

Still - stopped by at 1Utama and ended up with another action figure from the SOTA Street Fighter series, Ryu based on the popular video game. LSY had brought a long one of his loose ones for me to "play" with - to assist in my decision to get the set.


Haul of the Day - 18 Aug 2006


Ryu vs The Rock

There's someone selling the 4 sets of 20 figures (5 figures per set), mint on card for RM 850. Everyones been saying how good the quality is for this line of figures. Sure I've considered it cause when you break it down, it works out to rougly RM 42.50 per figure. Decent considering some sites are selling Ryu alone for US $60.

The one I got is apparently the "unofficial" version. Made by the same factory that had the licensed but apparently, this factory in China decided to manufacture some extras for their own profit.

No matter now as what really matters is I have something to test with - to decide if I really want to spend on the whole set. Right now, I'm sort of leaning towards NOT getting the set. But who knows I might change my mind later on.

More stuff revealed for Transformers The Movie. Pictures for the Autobots and a mystery Decepticon have been leaked on the Net recently.


The Autobots


The Mystery Decepticon - Megatron?

This is not the Optimus Prime I know and grew up watching. The TF movie Optimus Prime (above) and the Generation 1 cartoon Optimus Prime



Plus the re-release of the Transformers: The Movie cartoon will be released soon. Looks like Transformers mania is slowly picking up steam.

And yes, I've added yet another version of Prime to my collection:



Back row (l-r): TAKARA Masterpiece 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, TAKARA Galaxy Convoy. Front row (l-r): TAKARA THS-02 Optimus Prime, HASBRO Cybertron Optimus Prime and HASBRO Beast Wars Transmetal Optimus Prime

I've read somewhere that there are 60 different variations of Optimus Prime. This is nothing.

Yes, its my birthday. This would make a nice present:


HOT TOYS Superman Returns with Barbie Lois Lane

Check out this auction!

If I had gotten it earlier, it would have been about RM 380 or so. That is by far the best looking Superman Returns figure I've seen. I guess that's because of the Certificate that comes with it stating there's only 1200 units worldwide.

There are rumours that the HOT TOYS Superman Returns will be re-released sometime in September 2006. Maybe thats a second chance to own it.

Reviews here and here.






HOT TOYS Superman (left) & Medicom Superman (right)

*Note: Superman Images Property of http://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/*

No comments: