Monday, August 28, 2006

X-Files.....

*RING RING*

"Hello, Roy, it's JC. Are you sleeping?"

"Hi JC, no I'm not. What's up?"

"Guess which hantu I bumped into at Bangsar today?"

"V?"

"Yeah, the dickhead is still alive!"

It didn't take me long to guess. And I got it the first time around. This so-called "hantu" was my room-mate in college. He was deemed missing in action for the past 6 years. Other college classmates have reported spotting him around the Setapak area but they were unconfirmed reports.

The last time I saw him was during an outing in Bangsar, before I left for Melbourne. All of us decided to meet up then, was sort of like a farewell.
Fast forward 6 years, I spoke to V for a couple of minutes over the phone and told him I'd meet him and JC at JC's house after dinner. V wanted to have dinner, so we stopped by some chinese place in Bangsar called Mak Koh (Brother Mark - wasn't that a character played by Chow Yuen Fatt in one of John Woo's movies?).

After that, it was a stop at Starbucks for a chat over a nice cold Frappucino. Tried this new one called "Java Chip" - nice if you like chocolate as its got lots of chocolate chips in it.


Apparently, he was in KL all the while and he lost our contact numbers. Disappearing didn't help matters either. Now that we have each other's contacts, I suppose we can expect more get-togethers in the near future. 6 years from now perhaps?
MARVEL Superheroes

Watched a couple of repeat screenings the other day - "The Punisher" and "Elektra". I couldn't help but chuckle during a bit of dialogue from both movies:

"The Punisher" Frank Castle (The Punisher) "returns" from the dead after some time and confronts some of the law enforcement officers about no arrests being made for the murder of his family. Frank Castle: It's been five months since my family was killed. I don't see ONE man in jail. Police Chief: Obviously you're upset... Frank Castle: Upset? Is that the word? I used to get upset. When I got a flat tire, when a plane was delayed. I used to get *upset* when the Yankees won the series. So if that's what upset means, what am I feeling now? If you know the word, tell me because I don't.

"Elektra"

Elektra (an assassin) was questioned by the girl as to what she does for a living. Elektra replies something to the effect of "Payroll reduction, downsizing, that sort of thing. Boring stuff."

T.G.I.F's

I don't know why, but I decided to check out T.G.I.F's website the other night. Big mistake - It's pure torture. Some new items on the menu (Do we have them here in Malaysia yet?). Others, just because it looks damned mouth-wateringly good, and just so you know, T.G.I.F's is paying me a single sen from this:

A combination of sizzling cheeses blended with pepperoni, Italian sausage and bacon. Served sizzling with warm breadsticks for dipping.

Chipotle-marinated chicken, Cheddar & Jack cheeses and caramelized onions & peppers in double-stacked flour tortillas. Served with ranchero rice, fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and salsa.

Mouthwatering baby back pork ribs served with Friday's® Fries.

A tender and juicy 8-oz. flat iron steak, grilled to perfection and served with our signature mashed potatoes. Aged and hand-cut especially for Friday's®.

Crispy bacon, smoked Provolone, grilled onions and our signature Jack Daniel's® sauce. It's the biggest step in burger evolution

Our classic bacon cheeseburger made Ultimate. A grilled mouthwatering all-beef patty topped with melted American cheese, crispy bacon and gooey golden-fried Provolone cheese.

Mouthwatering all-beef patty with caramelized onions, melted Swiss cheese and mayonnaise. Served with a side of French Onion soup.

Smoked pulled pork tossed with our signature barbecue sauce and basted with sweet-smoky Jack Daniel's® sauce. Topped with grilled red onions and served with an extra side of sauce for dipping.

I don't know what the hell "pulled pork" is but it looks good. Also, all their descriptions have the word "mouth watering", damn right they are!

So, when are we going? Who's buying?!


No comments: