Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Came Early.....

Look what Santa brought me.....






YES, its finally in my hands. Finally decided that I will no longer wait for Seller A or Seller B, I took a drive down to one of the shops in SS2 yesterday evening and got my phone. I think it was a pretty sweet deal as the lady at the shop threw in a few freebies for me, which was a hard plastic/crystal case (to protect the phone from scratches), a screen protector (to protect the screen from scratches) and best of all, a 64 MB M2 memory stick.



Look at how small the M2 Memory stick is, next to a 5 sen coin. I believe M2 stands for "Memory-Stick Micro".

I've messed around with the phone settings, installed some games, copied some MP3. No way in hell that the 64 MB is enough for me. I was thinking of getting the 1 GB M2 but might wait until the 2 GB version is released. Wonder when that will be though?

Got the phone as well as a cake for Dad from Secret Recipe in SS2. I think American Moist Chocolate is the best chocolate cake. I can't remember if I've tasted any that's better than La Manila's.



The Chocolate Mud Cake


Christmas Eve dinner at Fondue House in Sri Hartamas today. Finally got to bring D & D as well as R there.



The Garlic Cheese & Creamy Mushroom Cheese Fondue set with lamb (the best compared to all the other meats IMO), seafood and chicken. The jumbo set comes with fries plus the usual veggies. I hate celery. Yuck!



The Mini Ice Cream Fondue set with the plain chocolate Fondue - comes with 8 really tiny scoops of ice cream plus that small serving of mixed fruits. They probably the diameter of a 50 sen coin. Because there was alot more chocolate, we ordered another serving of bananas to go along with it.

So, that leaves only a few flavours that I haven't tried yet. The Cheesey Chicken and the one with the vegetables (which I doubt I'd try). As for the Chocolate Fondue, the only one left on the menu to try would be the Chocolate Peanute Butter Fondue. The taste of the peanut butter might be overwhelming but then again, it could taste like Reese's Peanut Buttercups.

Felt somewhat cheated with the tiny scoops of ice cream. And I think this isn't really the ideal way to have ice cream as well as it melts in the warm, gooey chocolate as you dip it in.


Meal for 4 including drinks came up to about RM 150.00.

Just across the street from Fondue House, very pretty lights. An excuse to test out the camera phone but with not-so-impressive results.



Look at the pretty colours.....



BMW M3(?)

Tried some other shots for comparison, messing around with the camera settings.



Taken with a Pentax Optio Digital Camera (3.2 Megapixel)



Taken with the Sony Ericsson K800i (Macro-mode, with Flash)



Taken with the Sony Ericsson K800i (Macro-mode, without Flash)



Taken with the Sony Ericsson K800i (Macro-mode, without Flash)



Taken with the Sony Ericsson K800i (Macro-mode, without Flash)

It would appear I'm a pretty crap photographer but you know the cliche, practice makes perfect.

Actually, when I uploaded them on another site earlier, it didn't look as good as I think it does now. It's probably the smaller size that hides the imperfections. Maybe I need to resize the pictures, make them smaller.

OK - back to fiddling around with the new toy!

Another year has gone by and its almost time once again to usher in the New Year. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: