Monday, March 19, 2007

This is Sparta!!!!!

I think that has to be "THE" catchphrase at the moment. I've seen it popping up in message boards and I have been guilty of muttering it a couple of times.

Managed to catch "300" with SW at GSC Berjaya Times Square today. I haven't seen SW since.....I don't remember how long but I think the last time I saw her was probably January 2006.

SW has seen the movie once before, but she didn't mind watching it again. We met up late and I couldn't get tickets online or via telephone booking. And because I'm shit at KL roads, I took the LRT to town as usual. I managed to get 2 tickets for the 7pm show.

I arrived early so I decided to do some window shopping. Stopped by one of the toystores. Oh - the temptation. I ended up with .....



NIKE Air Cortez (White, Black & Atomic Green)

The last time I wanted to get shoes, I hesitated and the next time I went back, the Hush Puppies Risk was no longer available. The sales people at the store were so eager to make the sale today that the girl rushed to the store to check for availability the moment I told them my size.

She came back and said that I was in luck as they had a last pair of size 12.5 (US). I tried it on, and promptly paid for them. RM 199.90 less 10%. I think its a pretty good price for a very comfy pair of sneakers.....




King Leonidas, the Spartans and the Arcadians



This is Sparta!!!!!

I enjoyed the movie, I think there's a bit of everything for everyone (over the age of 18 of course as the movie is rated 18-PL). Lots of blood and violence, lots of eye candy for men and ladies (as well as everything in between I think!).

SW told me that some parts were censored in the version she saw today and the one at TGV the other day. Then again, there were also some parts that were in today's show that she didn't see the other day!

I've actually read Frank Miller's graphic novel and I think its a pretty accurate adaptation of the comic. Then again, there are people who say that the movie dialogue is full of cliches. Final verdict, its an enjoyable movie which I think needs to be watched on the big screen. Unless you wait for the DVD and have a nice LCD TV with a home theater setup you can watch it on.

SW now says she wants to go for a movie marathon next Saturday. Guillermo del Toro's (whose last movie I remember was "Hellboy") "Pan's Labyrinth" is on the list.



The movie received alot of good reviews, some saying its the best movie of 2006. And its showing here in Malaysia now! In March 2007. What the.....?!?!?!?!

Came across a new photo from "Spider-Man 3". That's the next big movie I'm waiting for.

Rumours were going around that Venom wasn't going to be in "Spider-Man 3". It was just the alien symbiote merging with Eddie Brock (Topher Grace). But this pic shows otherwise, unless its a god-damn teaser/cliffhanger! Can't wait for May 2007! This is a must-watch!



Spider-Man vs Venom!

And just for the heck of it, another photo taken with my camera phone.



Toblerone - Buy 2, get 1 free





Ryoga's Troopers and Darth Vader

It may not look like much, but Ryoga's collection in the picture above costs about RM 10,000. And those are just some of the figures that he has I'm sure.

Those are Medicom 12-inch figures. And the price of Medicom figures range from RM 500 - 700 EACH! I wish I had that kind of money to spend on toys.

Like this dude, Netboy.....



Pic taken from tfclub.com

You've seen the following pictures before:



Medicom Bruce Lee

The Medicom RAH 12-inch Bruce Lee looks good.



Enterbay - Bruce Lee (Game Of Death)

The Enterbay Bruce Lee (Game Of Death) sculpted by Korean Arnie Kim, is even better. But.....



Enterbay - Bruce Lee (The Way Of The Dragon)

Enterbay's Bruce Lee (The Way Of The Dragon) is fucking unbelievable.

Can someone give me RM 1000? These are limited to only about 25oo worldwide I believe. Damn!

A quote from the email I received from one of the shops:

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the next release of the ultra realistic 12"
Bruce Lee action figure by Enterbay from his hit movie "Way Of The dragon".

New Features, More accessories, Bigger Diorama, and a New Lower Price.

Pre-order starts now.
New Retail Price RM999
Pre-order Price RM950
Elite Pre-order Price RM888(For those who have bought Bruce lee Game of Death)

Estimated to release in May 2007.

Check it out here
http://www.shioktoy s.com/index. php?productID= 190.


No comments: