Sunday, March 25, 2007

Memory Lane.....

I was going through some of the older posts the other days, reading about life in Melbourne when I came across initials (for people). The problem is, I cannot recall who these people are. Maybe it'll come back to me. Just a matter of time I suppose.

From now on, to protect the identities of the people mentioned in the blog, I will probably use a first name basis.

Went to Mid Valley yesterday to watch "Pan's Labyrinth" with Sylvia. I had already booked tickets online for a few days back. I decided to leave the house early, knowing that parking on weekends is a bitch! Strangely, I didn't have much trouble looking for a spot. From what I can see, I think they're expanding the basement parking bays. Saw a couple of areas which looked quite new.

Mid Valley will start their new parking charges with effect from 26th March 2007. If memory serves, parking was RM 1 for weekdays and RM 3 for weekends and public holidays. Effective 26th March 2007, the parking rates will be RM 1 for the first 3 hours on weekdays and RM 1 for every subsequent hour. As for the weekends and public, it will be RM 3 for the first 3 hours and then RM 1 for every subsequent hour.

Did some window shopping while waiting for Sylvia.



LEGO Batmobile - about RM 600 at Toys R Us

The Gods must be laughing at me - I found a pair of brown Hush Puppies Risk at Jusco Mid Valley.



Hush Puppies - Risk

There was a 10% discount and I was contemplating to get it. I didn't in the end. Sylvia said they were nice shoes and I should have just gotten them.



Waiting outside The World Of Feng Shui

"Pan's Labyrinth" got many awards including "Best Movie 2006". It was a foreign language film set in Spain, 1944, a fairy tale for adults. It was dark and disturbing with several violent/bloody torture/interrogation scenes.

After the movie, we drove to The Fondue House in Hartamas only to find it closed! I looked to see if I missed the signboard but even that was gone. I asked the parking attendant and was informed that they have closed down.

A pity since I enjoyed the food at The Fondue House. Now, the only place left which is close by would be Marche Movenpick at The Curve. Haven't tried that yet though.

In the end, we drove back to Bangsar Shopping Centre and had our dinner at Chilli's.



Dinner at Chilli's

Sent Sylvia back to Pandan Perdana, good thing I didn't get lost on the way home!

No comments: