Sunday, April 01, 2007

Do you believe in Magic.....

The opening narrative:
Every great magic trick consists of three acts.

The first act is called "The Pledge"; The magician shows you something ordinary, but of course... it probably isn't.

The second act is called "The Turn"; The magician makes his ordinary some thing do something extraordinary.

Now if you're looking for the secret... you won't find it, that's why there's a third act called, "The Prestige"; this is the part with the twists and turns, where lives hang in the balance, and you see something shocking you've never seen before.
The closing narrative:
Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled.
I managed to watch "The Prestige" the other day. The movie with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. I never really go for dramas like these but because it was Christopher Nolan, I made an exception.

I could almost guess the ending the moment I saw one of the scenes in the middle of the movie. It wasn't a bad movie. I'd say its entertaining enough.

I ocassionally surf YouTube for interesting videos and I came across this the other day. Here's some real life magic for you. Many of us have heard/read about Speed Dating - but Speed Painting?

Check out these awesome artwork. Its like magic happening before your eyes :D

Eclectic Asylum Art 1
Eclectic Asylum Art 2
Eclectic Asylum Art 3
Eclectic Asylum Art 4
Eclectic Asylum Art 5

I've seen him work his magic with pencils, crayons, markers, even ketchup and there's one with chocolate! Check it out, work safe and only about 5 minutes per clip after downloading (if you've got broadband)

----------

I've got this song stuck in my head for sometime now. Radio friendly, a song by Shakira featuring Santana. I never really liked any of Shakira's songs - this is a first. Whenever I heard the song, the lyrics sounded weird. I thought I always heard the chorus go:

You don't even know the meaning of a war time song,
Said you would love me until you die,
As far as I know you're still alive.....

I did some Googling and found out that the song was called "Illegal". The lyrics absolutely didn't make any sense. I never seen the video, who knows it could have a War-theme.

Just saw the video on YouTube and its got a "war" theme - a boxing match.

The other day when I was listening to the song on my phone, the lyrics finally made sense.

You don't even know the meaning of the words "I'm Sorry",
Said you would love me until you die,

As far as I know you're still alive.....

You don't even know the meaning of the words "I'm Sorry",
I'm starting to believe,
It should be illegal to deceive a woman's heart.....

That's what you get for listening to music over the radio :P

----------

So, yes, I do spend alot of my time online - reading entertainment news most of the time. Came across lots of interesting things, especially upcoming movies!



I've seen the 2 new trailers for Spider-Man 3 and they look awesome. One was a 7 1/2 minute teaser which can be found on YouTube.

The other is supposedly the final trailer before the movie screens in May 2007. Fantastic!



Optimus Prime - Protect



Megatron - Destroy



Also found the new Transformers Movie posters online as well as watched 2 new teaser clips which can be downloaded here.

This is going to be a good year for movies and lots of caramel popcorn!

Also came across pictures of these.....



The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures! McDonald's are now having the Happy Meal toys. I think the new animated movie will hit the local theaters soon.

I used to have 3 of the 4 turtles. Raphael (red) was the first one, a birthday present. Then I got Leonardo (blue - the leader. And I must always get the leaders) and Michaelangelo (orange) at some TMNT party at Subang Parade (I was still a school kid ok!?!?). The only one I missed out was the purple one, Donatello.

I'm feeling nostalgic - maybe I should get myself a set. I wonder what my facination with turtles was. But then again, I was fascinated with bulldozers, tractors and other construction vehicles as well.

The new figures look decent. It looks like they've got less accessories but they're more articulated now!

And finally, more practice:



Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)

















No comments: