Sunday, April 22, 2007

She Only Thinks Of Me When Its Raining.....

Finally, after searching at several Toys R Us and other toy departments, I have gone full circle and finally got the last Turtle to complete the "set". Managed to find Michaelangelo at 1U Toys R Us. They had a restock but it was selling out fast again. There were only 2 Michaelangelos, 3 Donatellos and 3 Raphaels but only 1 Leonardo remaining when I was there.



Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - the brothers reunited

While I got my Turtle, I got Luci something too..... she's a cat person.


Re-ment Cat Trading Figures (front)


Re-ment Cat Trading Figures (back)

What are trading figures? They are figures that come in small boxes and like what Forrest Gump said "you'll never know what you're gonna get". For this set, there are 10 different kinds, as seen on the back of the box. Unless of course you get the whole carton of 10. That should gurantee every single variation.

I was just browsing through the last post, and my Ninja Turtles grabbed the headlines, was prioritized over Li Kuo's wedding! Shame on me!



The calm before the storm.....

Luci had the sudden urge to take photographs of the sunset at Putrajaya. And yes, she now wants to be known as Luci, or Mickey. The plan was to get to Putrajaya in the late afternoon early evening.

I had to send Ryan for his tuition classes and stopped by The Curve after that. I remembered a few places selling T-shirts as I'll need something for Tuesday's Theme "Cartoon Characters". I saw a nice black, Superman trucker cap for RM 49 and I was set on getting that. Also checked out some other t-shirts on sale at the bazaar.

Then it rained. It was raining practically the whole afternoon - a thunderstorm. I thought that we would have to cancel due to bad weather. The backup plan was to meet later, if the storm had stopped.

By the time the skies had cleared, it was so cloudy that there was practically no sun. No sun = no sunsets.







We still ended up at Putrajaya and went to the Alamanda Shopping Mall for the first time. Luci bought a lot of tidbits and some stuff from The Body Shop.



The Concourse Area



The roof/skylight directly above the Concourse



I saw the skylight, she saw an Angel.....

I didn't realize until she mentioned it to me while we were viewing the photo I took. Quick, make a wish.....

Checked out the shops and stalls there. Unexpectedly, I ended up with this:






The iconic "S" shield got my attention from afar. The t-shirt was nice, the colours are accurate. Decided to buy it as I thought I could use it this coming Tuesday.

Only problem now, it doesn't fucking fit. The shirt was too small. I think I might have to frame it up if I have the extra cash to spare. It would make a very nice poster-like wall art/deco item.

Looks like I might have to go back to Metrojaya at The Curve to get the cap after all. Why go through all the hassle just for some team activity? Because I've let my team down before, and besides, the winners for the last quarter got RM 200 in prize money, while runners up received RM 100. I suppose that's motivation enough.

We had dinner at a place called Lemongrass, the beef rendang wasn't too bad - I don't know if it was intentional but, there was a very strong, fragrance of lemongrass in the rendang.

We talked about going to Paddington's House of Pancakes last weekend. And that's where we went today, after dinner. For more dinner. Maybe it was supper.

I'm surprised I still managed to finish my Blintze (mashed potatoes with pepperoni and sour cream) and still had some of Luci's Seattle pannekoek which had tomatoes, cheese and pepperoni as well. The Seattle was abit like pizza during the first few bites, then after awhile, it turned out to be more like lagsane.

I was tempted to go for my usual Chocolate Roll again. Maybe next time.....



Seattle Pannekoek



Russian Blintze



I was just Googled Paddingtons and I just realized that they have other branches at Hartamas and at 1U as well! And another one in Penang! I never seen that before!

Paddington's House of Pancakes

Luci was determined to get her caffeine fix - she says the coffee at Hollys is really good. I think its pretty good too. I had the Mocha Hollycino today - their version of the Ice Blended/Frappucino.







We spent about an hour chilling with our coffee and my PSP. Attempted to login to the Internet but that didn't work out.

I admit the coffee is pretty good but another thing that I like about Hollys is that its big and airy. Lots of space. Starbucks and Coffee Bean always seem cramped to me.

There was a contest a few weeks back, an Easter Egg colouring competition. We all had a sheet of paper with an oval on it. This entry got me 2nd place, as judged by our Managers.


2nd Place = .....



2nd Prize

For my effort, I received RM 20 worth of Starbucks vouchers, a pack of Cadbury chocolate, another box of chocolate coated almonds, 2 x 2-finger Kit Kats, Mentos and a tube of Original Pringles. Not bad for about 1 1/2 hours spent!

And now, for some more awesome stuff:

I've just read about the Transformers Encore, a re-release of old G1 (Generation 1) toys. Its an opportunity for me to get the Optimus Prime that I used to have! The price is reasonable at about RM 150. Some shops are already taking pre-orders.

I'm not too concerned about the other figures, or even Megatron. But Prime..... The last time I checked the price for the re-released Optimus Prime back in 2002, it was about RM 600. I hope I won't miss out AGAIN!





And finally, some of the nicest stuff I've seen online the past couple of weeks:



Kotobukiya are coming up with some really nice vinyl statues like the Catwoman above. The best one I think:



Kotobukiya Supergirl

I've never really been a fan of Supergirl - but that is one statue I wouldn't mind having. Price expected in the region of US $80 for that.



She only thinks of me when its raining.....

Luci says I used to write stories. And she used to like the way that I wrote. She says my latest posts have been shit. Maybe I shouldn't try to make them shorter. If people don't mind long winded, I'll give them long winded! Or at least I'll try.....

No comments: