Sunday, April 08, 2007

This is Madness.....



Its unbelievable how some stupid toys can be sold out. And it makes me pissed. Last week, I blogged about getting myself some of the new movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) toys.

Just the other day, I watched alot of TMNT related videos on YouTube. But more on that further down. Those are videos by the Angry Nintendo Nerd.

Hell, I even had a dream that I wanted to buy the figures, but when I got to the store, they were all sold out!


Then I read on a forum I frequent that it sold out at Toys R Us MidValley and TRU Bangsar. Yesterday, I thought that I'd give the TRU at 1Utama a shot. Zero, zilch, nada! What the fuck?!?! Damn, dreams really do come true!


OK - so there were some TMNT toys, but they weren't the ones I was looking for. The ones one left were based on the TV series while the ones that I was looking for was the one based on the new animated movie that was just released in local theaters on 5th April 2007. The ads in the papers aren't even a quarter page. Who the fuck are buying up all the toys?!?!


Anyways, there were some remaining figures, and only 1 movie-Turtle left, the crazy, cock-eyed Michaelangelo (what's up with his eyes?!?!) plus some other characters from the movie.

There were some deluxe packs with a Turtle and some other "main" villain from the movie. Those were of course, more expensive. The samurai armor didn't seem removable and the price was another factor.


Leonardo and Michaelangelo (only one left)



Donatello and Raphael

For me, it was all or nothing so I left TRU, pissed and dumbstruck. I mean, who would expect that figures of mutated turtles would sell out? Are there that many people like me who are nostalgic and wanted to complete the collection?

I suppose the price point was another factor in the toys selling so well - RM 24.90 for the basic movie figures. RM 19.90 for the cartoon-based toys. I don't think I remember seeing licensed stuff going this cheap. Other than my RM 2 bargain bin WWE Wrestling figures.



TMNT - You will only be a memory.....
Spider-Man 3 figures were aplenty but HASBRO has made them an icnh smaller (5 inches instead of 6) and the price is just as expensive, if not more then the previous movie figures! RM 39.90 for a "basic" figure although I have no idea what the basic figures are. Some come with containers of sand compound (Sandman), Alien ooze (Venom) or Goblin's ooze (New Goblin although I dunno why he needs ooze for). Black Costume Spider-Man was nowhere to be seen though!

Over the past 3 days, I've been on a staple diet of videos. Yes, YouTube videos. I've found some "celebrities" and found some of the videos to be entertaining.
I've never laughed so hard - its true, I laughed till my sides hurt and had tears rolling down my face.

I'll share it with you, but you'd need to know about the movies and games that he's talking about.
There's alot of profanity in most of them, but its all good.

Here are some of the clips from a guy called Angry Nintendo Nerd:

The Anger Begins
(they start young)
Chonologically Confused About Movie and Video Game Sequels
Double Dragon III (Video Game)

Here's the AngryNintendoNerd Theme song:

He's gonna take you back to the past,
To play the shitty games that suck ass,
He'd rather have a buffalo,
Take a diarrheoa dump in his ear,
He'd rather eat the rotten asshole,
Of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer,
He's the angriest game you ever heard,
He's the AngryNintendoNerd

What's that? You wanna watch those TMNT videos too? Sure - be my guest.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo Entertainment System Videogame)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - Part 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - Part 2

Another "celebrity" I've been watching is this Canadian dude called TheWineKone:
Check out the video here. These people have way too much time on their hands, so do I.

Had to take Ryan for a haircut but before that, decided to stop by the old 'hood. Damansara Jaya - where I spent 12 years of my life during primary and secondary school. Wanted to check out Dream Hutt (who are now known as Earth 368) who have relocated from Jaya Section 14 to the Atria.

Went there but the guy was out for lunch and we couldn't wait so we left.
Decided to check out a place that sells clothes. Saw a pair of Dockers for only RM 79.90. I was very close to paying for it when I saw glue stains on it. Don't know how long those have been there and don't know if they come off! Left the place empty handed.

My oh my, how The Atria has changed. So many empty shop lots now. A few of the old places still remain, like KFC, Esquire Kitchen, Speedy Video. My favourite place to eat is no longer there, Dave's Deli. What the fuck!


Walking around , noticed that the shutters on the 1st and 2nd floor that lead to Parkson were sealed shut. Took the ground floor and walked over, all the shops that used to be opposite Giant were no longer there. When I got to the escalator, it was boarded up! When the fuck did Parkson Grand close down?!?! Did they relocate to 1Utama or did they just close down?

OK, so its been a year or a few years since I stopped by that place, but hell - there wasn't really a reason to go there in the first place.
The Atria is dying a slow death - I think that's why Parkson closed as well. I remember a time when it used to be called Kimisawa. Or something along those lines. I think Parkson would be a good venue for a cineplex. That will breathe some life into that place. As Ryan calls it, a dump.

Stopped by 7-11 for a couple of Slurpees before heading off to the barber.



A familiar sight, a monthly affair

What a way to spend the weekend!

And its another public holiday tomorrow, Easter. Think I should at least turn the Emo-Box 360 on before it gets another mental breakdown. A sad 360 is an emo 360. Maybe I should go kill some zombies on Dead Rising- release my frustrations out on those mindless, rotting beings.

If it doesn't stop, maybe I should replace it with this:


Elite

The Elite Package with a 120 GB hard disk. It comes in Sexy Back, uh, I mean Sexy Black.







Dawn of the Dead (2004) Remake

Yup, that's pretty much what happens in the game too - which is also set in a shopping mall, just like the movie.

No comments: