Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

Luci has been having some problems with the joystick on her phone. Because of that, she hardly texted me. Boo hoo. She hasn't been feeling well too. If she reads this, I hope she's feeling better.

Feel Good Recipe
  • 1 SMS
  • 2 handphones
  • Lots of sugar-coated words
Directions:
Mix sugar-coated words into SMS and transfer from 1 handphone to the other. Serves 1 Feel Good ego boost.

I got an sms the other day from Reena and she called me handsome. What an ego boost! She's been feeling down lately. I hope she's doing fine.

Saw a nice picture in the papers the other day - Spider-Man hype. Tobey Maguire in a black suit, and black ooze dripping off him. Can't wait to watch Spider-Man 3 in the cinemas. It opens on 1st May 2007. And I don't get bloody Labour Day off like the rest of Malaysia (or is it only KL/Selangor?)!!!!! UK's Labour Day would be on the first working Monday of the month, which would be 7th May.


Tobey Maguire - Back In Black

Could this be the last time we see Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker?

I finally got around to catching up on my TV series. I've been putting them off for a few weeks now. Managed to watch the last 3 episodes of Heroes and just finished watching the latest episode titled "0.7%".

What's with the title? Apparently, 0.7% is the percentage of the world population killed if the Heroes failed to prevent that explosion that's supposed to go off in New York City. That wasn't a spoiler because we know about the explosion.

Some people die (NO, that wasn't a SPOILER. We already know it from the start of the season and in previous episodes), introductions to some new "Heroes" with powers never seen in previous episodes, we finally get to see Mr. Linderman and other revelations. The plot thickens.....What a twist!

It seems like every episode ends with a cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next one!

It was a FUCKING HOT day. Went out with Dad, Deidere and Daphne. Had to send Ryan for tuition. I was told by dad on Thursday that Focus Point was having a sale and he asked if I needed new glasses. I was planning to get them changed. I finally have a reason.

When we got to the KL Head Office (at least I think it was), I realized it was a warehouse clearance sale. A few of them caught my eye - I finally settled for this:







It's POLICE


Apparently, its made in Italy. Was looking for some Titanium frames (cause they're so light) but I couldn't find any that I fancied. These are stainless steel.

It's got the POLICE brand on the lens, and stamped on the frame. I got this because they're sort of regtangular in shape. I read that people with round faces should get angular/square/rectangle frames. And I think I have a round-ish face.

Yes, I did say that I was out to get new glasses and these are sunglasses. I'm going to get the lens replaced. I'm probably going to get the exact shaped lenses made. I don't have much choice as these are half-framed glasses.

Now for the best bit! The sticker price on this was RM 610. Yes, RM 610. Clearance price? RM 90. That's Ninety Ringgit Malaysia! What a bargain.

Was advised by the sales guy to get the frames and take them to a branch to get the glasses made. Waiting for them to do it at their head office would take about 2 weeks.

Then it was out to get some income tax related documents at the office in Kelana Jaya. Kept eyeing the meter on the dashboard as the needle kept inching upwards, the engine was overheating. And the damned air-con is giving problems again. Need to get it fixed ASAP!

Just realized that it takes 36 seconds to open up Microsoft Word. What the fuck?! I didn't even have downloads going on in the background! I wanted to use the spell check. And then I realized that there's on in Blogger itself. Sheeeeeesh. What a cock-up! Well, at least I know that it takes 36 seconds to open up Microsoft Word on this laptop!

Dinner with mum, dad and Aunt Cathy. I don't remember when was the last time I went for a meal with them. I have no idea what the place is called but its just nearby.



Sure, we can get Char Kuey Teow in Cyberjaya but I don't think its this good.

I had chicken porridge with a side order of extra Yau Char Kwai, some of mum and dad's Char Kuey Teow. And SATAY!!!!!

Mmmmm, I think the last time I had satay was at least 6 months ago! I seriously can't remember having satay recently! I remember it being the only Malaysian food I craved for when I was in Melbourne.

Funny how a simple hawker meal can be so tasty and satisfying.

Seems like quite a number of activities packed into a day.....

Holy shit!!!!! I just realized that this month, marks the 5th Anniversary that I've been blogging. Wow, has it been that long?

Happy 5th Birthday, Inner Voices!

No comments: