Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Don't leave me high, don't leave me dry.....



Finally, the summer blockbusters are here. Starting with Spider-Man 3. Today's newspaper reported that its now the all-time highest weekend gross for an opening movie. Or something like that.

Spider-Man 3 smashes box office records: The Star - article 1
Spider-Man 3 smashes box office records: The Star - article 2

Managed to get tickets at Cineleisure. I found the movie enjoyable - but maybe I'm a biased fanboy. I've read reviews where they kept talking about some dance scene in the movie after Peter Parker's personality changes due to the black alien symbiote/suit.

Thank god it wasn't something like The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive!

Yes, I must've heard the song like a million times and frankly, who hasn't? I've never seen the video though. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I did. And I laughed so hard till I cried. I just found the part where they jump into the doorway and the windows singing the chorus.

I don't know what's the point of the video, one of the worst music videos EVER!

Speaking of crap, "Cicak-Man" is absolute bullshit. I managed to watch the last 15 minutes or so on ASTRO Ria on Saturday. Good thing I didn't pay money to see this bullshit. I

And Aznil Haji Nawawi - he overacts in all the Akademi Fantasia ads on TV, and he overacted here. Was his Dr. Klon character supposed to be The Joker or The Riddler? A combination of these 2 characters? Don't believe me? If you've seen "Cicak Man", go watch Tim Burton's "Batman" with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson as well as Joel Schumacher's "Batman Forever" with Val Kilmer, Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones. Didn't Jim Carrey's Riddler have the same hair style and was holding a cane/staff.

Dr. Klon seems like a direct copy of The Riddler to me. And his bloody laugh after every few sentences he utters was....completely.....fucking.....irritating! I don't know how any adult could watch shit like this. Stay away from "Cicak Man" at all costs! Trust me, I'm doing you a favour! wasn't planning to watch the movie ever since it was announced because honestly, "Cicak Man" just doesn't cut it for me. Honestly, I wouldn't even pay for a pirated DVD for this movie.

On the other hand, another song that I checked out was Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything. Catchy tune. I blame Mix.fm for this!

Some of the new trailers that I saw before the start of the movie were "Pirates Of The Caribbean 3: At The World's End" and "Transformers".

Luci was supposed to watch it with me. I managed to book tickets online on Wednesday. Then, she had some neck spasms and pains. Good thing she's feeling much better now.

I took Ryan instead. He's been hassling me to get the "Spider-Man 3" game but reviews of the game weren't good. He was bored of the 4 games that we already own for the XBOX 360 and wanted a new game. He even suggested that he paid for it with his own money.

I put my foot down and convinced him to spend the money on a supposedly "better" game, "Crackdown". Sure, its got animated blood and violence, but its good for a laugh or two.



Crackdown - XBOX 360

Pracatice makes perfect. Some shots of the interior of Cineleisure:



Lobby/Waiting Lounge



Cinesnax



Colours



UFO-inspired.....?



Now Seating.....Hall 9



That's us.....



The Roof



The View

Back to the subject of Spider-Man, a Japanese company first announced these figures based on the movie:





Red/Blue suit Spider-Man, Black suit Spider-Man and Venom

Frankly, I didn't find these very impressive. Cost was another factor - I'm thinking about RM 500 per figure, the standard Medicom price.

I find the comic version much better.


The Amazing Spider-Man.....



Strikes a pose.....



Comes with webbing.....



And a Peter Parker head too.....

However, Medicom decided to come up with this:







Now, doesn't that look like a mini Tobey Maguire? That's pretty impressive to me. Not that I'm going to be getting it. But they say that this might be Tobey Maguire's last appearance as Spider-Man/Peter Parker. From an investment stand point, the chances are the value might skyrocket!

Its Labour Day for us today. Had to go to town to get some banking stuff done. Took some passport photos as we were supposed to get the passports done before our trip to Phuket next month. Took a lot longer than expected at the bank.

When I got home, there was no power! Why the hell does this happen on my off day! Was told that there was a generator breakdown or something like that. If it was raining, I don't mind a power failure. But not when we have shitty weather in which the house is like a sauna! The power was restored at about 7:00 pm this evening. Thank god.

But the air-con in my room seems to be acting up. Its really warm..... damn. I hope its not faulty.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

hey roy, agree with you that Parker seems like a good investment of sorts. Have to wait till october before picking him up though.