Saturday, May 19, 2007

Masterpiece.....


I've more or less backed up my "important" files onto DVD. Spent practically the whole afternoon backing up my files.
Just a few more and then a final check before I pull the plug on the PC. Give it a fresh new start.

I decided to check out some sites and then I decided to see how Chinny was doing. Funny how she was thinking about getting a tattoo.

It reminded me of what happened a few weeks back during Body Art Day. There's a committee at work that comes up with ideas and activities to make things interesting. Body Art Day was one of it. So was Cartoon Day in which, if you remember, I ended up with these:



Crime fighting is tough, so always have a spare costume

Yes indeed, just look at all the Spider-man movies. In every one of them, his suit is always ripped to shreds. Always.

Now back to the Body Art Day. There's a colleague with an impressive dragon tattoo that spans the entire length of his arm. It was a real/permanent tattoo which he had done in Thailand, I think he said.

Unfortunately, real tattooes were not allowed in the contest so his group resorted to face painting while some other teams had girly stickers all over their faces, even the guys were not spared.

Then, what I drew on my arm caught his attention.



Do you see it?



Look closely.....

He was impressed although he didn't know what it was. I told him it was my name.

If you look carefully, you'll see "r-o-y" in that design.

That impressed him even more. He said I should consider getting a permanent tattoo with that design.

In fact, he wasn't the only one impressed with my design. So were a few other colleagues. Initially, some thought it was some modified Yin-Yang symbol.

One even asked me to design a tattoo for her using her initials. She's already got a couple of tattoos.

How flattering! Someone wants me to design something for her. It would be an honour to think that my designs will be good enough to be permanently inked onto her body - unless of course she decides to laser it off. I told her I'll think about it - she wasn't in a hurry she said.

A couple of other people said that I was very creative, and asked what was I doing working in a call center. I guess there's some truth in that or I wouldn't have come up with this:



2nd Place winner

I should have charged my colleague for the design. Maybe a part-time job as a tattoo artist?

1 comment:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Perhaps you could design me some. I would be really happy if you do :)