Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Dark Knight.....

I'm so excited that I just have to create a post specifically for my most anticipated movie, the sequel to "Batman Begins", titled "The Dark Knight".

It's scheduled to be released in June 2008. Its so special that I even created a label specifically for it on this blog.

Few weeks back, I blogged about a teaser poster which has since then been announced as a fake.



Fake Poster, but "A" for effort

The image used of the Joker was based on news and titbits that The Joker's face in "The Dark Knight" would be scarred. There was talk of him being a psychopath who indulges in self-mutilation or something like that.

That already had me thinking, anticipating. It would be a different kind of Joker, unlike what we've seen previously, in the first "Batman" movie where The Joker was played by Jack Nicholson. When that "fake" poster appeared, I thought, "Joker's face looks fucked up. But that's a good thing. Can't wait!".


Not long after that, the first official image appeared on the official Warner Brothers site.




First Official Picture from "The Dark Knight"

It wasn't really helpful. The picture doesn't really explain anything. We've seen that logo before. Its the current Batman logo. What is that white flash of light behind it? Questions, questions questions.....

And then, news of a new photo on the website was announced. Clicking on the Batman logo revealed the next picture.



It was a photo of Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent, done up to look like a campaign poster.

Today, I read of news of a new picture that was released by Warner Brothers.



The image was available on the site I Believe In Harvey Dent Too.

Clicking on that image will in turn reveal, The Joker! But, a Joker that isn't smiling.....



Heath Ledger as The Joker

Yup, they were right. He is scarred. Looks like the entire lower jaw was almost ripped off his face. In fact, this face is even more fucked up than the one in the "fake poster". Its awesome. Things are looking really promising right now.

Its going to be a different Joker alright. See for yourself.



Jack Nicholson as The Joker

I can't wait!!!!!

I'm inflicting self torture on myself looking at all the images, they're spoilers. But June 2008 is almost a year away.

No comments: