Saturday, May 19, 2007

I Want It That Way.....

Tell me why..... ain't nothing but a heartache.....

I found all the icons on my Windows XP icons changed to generic icons on Thursday night/Friday morning. It was perfectly fine when I left for work in the afternoon. I had no idea if the laptop had been infected by a virus or something.

And not only that, whenever I tried to open my folders, a messaged popped up stating that my 30 day trial for the Easy CD Extractor was up and it asked me if I wanted to buy the full version etc. The only logical step was to uninstall the damn thing. And yes, it fixed the problem of the window coming up but something else happened instead.

When I tried to open up my folders, the "Search File/Folder" window automatically pops up! What the fuck?!?!?

Tell me why ..... ain't nothing but a mistake.....

After messing around abit with the folders, I found out that only user-created folders were affected. Windows-related folders like My Documents and My Computer worked fine.

I went Googling to look for solutions. I managed to find the solution to the problem about the icons. On the surface, it looks fine. Now, the only way I can open folders is by a right-click on the mouse and selecting the "Open" command from there.

It really is a pain in the ass because I can't find any way to fix it. Ad-Aware did not find anything unusual. It looks like a reformatting of the harddisk is in the works. I've already started backing up my stuff.

I took the day off. Had to get the passport renewed for the trip to Phuket next month.

I think I've had the grand total of about 4 hours sleep as at 1:06 am, 19th May 2007. I slept about 4:00 am and had to get up before 8:00 am. I was watching "Heroes" - Episode 20 (Five Years Gone)! Can they really change the future? What's happened????? Where are the others? So much seems to be happening now. So many questions. More clues revealed especially for those who paid really close attention in the previous episodes.

Season 1 is about to end! Arghhhhh!!!!! I'm really hooked!


There's this new ATM-like machine at the Immigration Department in Damansara Heights for chip-enabled passport renewals for applicants above 18 years of age. There were on screen instructions, sign boards as well as several officers on hand to assist as well.

All one needs to do is to put the passport on the placeholder, insert the MyKad into the slot, and the machine reads the information off them. Then, thumbprint scans are needed and the photograph placed into an enveloped labelled with your name and contact number which is inserted into another collection machine.

Once all that is done, money is inserted into the ATM-like machine and a receipt is printed. Someone will then come collect the photographs (on an hourly basis I heard). Best of all, it can be collected 2 hours later. Whooopee!

Unfortunately, Ryan had to go through the manual application process but he forgot to bring his MyKad. And the birth cert was required as well. So while they went home to get the documents, I went to HSBC Damansara Utama to get some banking sorted.

I had to wait for them to come pick me up so .....









Damansara Uptown

Headed to the Curve after that to get my eyes checked for my new glasses. Starbucks was giving free samples of their new Banana Java Chip Frappucino. Banana and coffee - it really isn't too bad but I don't think I'll have it in a Grande size. I'll stick to the usual Mocha, Rhumba or something else.

My new glasses will be ready after Wednesday.

Had lunch at Kim Gary's. I think it was Dad's first visit. And what a huge lunch crowd it was. The restaurant was packed! There was a near constant queue at the entrance for seats.





The lunch crowd!!!!!



Peanut Butter and Condensed Milk Toast



Fish Fillet and Spaghetti in Corn Sauce



Cheese Baked Chicken Chop Rice



Cheese Baked Pork Chop Rice

Had a quick walk around and then back to TESCO where the car was parked after lunch as Ryan had tuition.






The Curve
The weather is expected to be warm/hot until September 2007, so says the weathermen. Its terrible. The sky turned a very uncommon shade of orange this evening. I don't know if that's got anything to do with the weather. But I've seen it before. I rushed down to take pictures.



It started out like a small spark.....



The flames started getting bigger .....



From another angle, it looked like it was starting to spread.....



Fire In The Sky.....

Finally, something official from Warner Brothers from "The Dark Knight"!



Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent

In the comics, Harvey Dent is a district attorney who would go on to become Two-Face. On the bottom right of that picture, it says "Paid For By Friends Of Harvey Dent" and I'm assuming Bruce Wayne is one of them. Will he become Two-Face in "The Dark Knight"? Or will he be the villain in the next sequel?

Some of the info I read was that The Joker, will be The Joker from the start of the movie. That means probably no origin story of how be came to be, except maybe in flashbacks. Then again it makes sense as he's already been leaving his Joker playing cards at crime scenes as revealed by Lieutenant James Gordon at the end of "Batman Begins".

Warner Brothers, give me more! I want to see the new Batman costume! I want to see The Joker! I want to see "The Dark Knight" already!

After publishing the last post, I realized where I've seen the fire in the sky before.

It's been staring me in the face all the while, its my friggin' desktop background picture.....



No comments: